My battery is dying quicker!

Oliverg109

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I got a new iPhone around early february or so, now for some reason my stand by time is a lot worse than what it was,could it be because of apps that are running on the background using my location? its seems the longer I have been using my phone the worse the worse my battery is getting.

I do have my phone jailbroken but I only have a few things and even after the jailbreak I was getting crazy amounts of stand by and usage times.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep location off for just about everything except 2 or 3 apps that require it to be on. I am also jailbroken and so far haven't noticed any battery issues since I got the 4S 2 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
lol, lactation! ^

anyways, gotta love jailbreaking; unstable and or conflicting apps/tweaks .. mystery battery drains

just restore as new, while you can, and re-jailbreak

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not sure if Apple has officially stopped signing 5.0.1 - you might want to just verify that

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If you restore thru iTunes it will download and put the latest update that apple has out (currently iOS 5.1). I did it yesterday and it was worth losing the jailbreak. My battery life has improved a lot since I did.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Restore to factory settings, add some apps, songs, pics to make it look natural and return to apple store, explain that the battery is dying very quickly. If they don't cover it for free under the manufacturer warranty, I'd get it repaired 3rd party or even attempt to do the repair yourself. It's relatively easy and inexpensive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73