Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Crooked Silent Switch

Just upgraded from iPhone 4 to 4S (original 4 home button sticking, and battery diminishing; got it on day one). I noticed that the silent/mute switch , when toggled to mute, moves every so slightly at times, to give it a "crooked" look. Was wondering how many others have the same thing.

Went to Apple store the other day, and notice that 4/6 demo units had similar issues, with the other 2 being rock solid. Debating on returning it, since everything else works great, and I might end up with another unit with same slight "play" on silent switch, and some other issue.
    iMore Intermediate

You paid a lot of money for that device. Get one that is perfect. If it isn't completely perfect, Apple will replace it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The last 4s unit I had the switch was so loose that it would rattle loudly when the phone would vibrate.

The phone was swapped out for another reason, the replacement unit has a rock solid switch.
    iPhone Newbie

hmmm my switch isnt too bad, it does shift a little bit when i pull it out of my pocket