So my wife threw her iPhone at me...

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks back, my wife threw her iPhone 4S at me in a fit of rage. Her case shattered, but amazingly the phone looked fine. Well since then, we've been noticing a lot of glitches. Sometimes the call screen won't go away after a call ends. Facebook shows alert badges but won't show what they're for. And tonight, when trying to download some apps it said it "couldn't connect to iTunes". So I have three questions:

1) Could these be symptoms of an unseen, internal injury resulting from the phone's short yet disastrous flight?

2) If so, would the geniuses be able to tell what happened through a software diagnosis? (accelerometer memory or something?)

3) If so, would a full restore wipe any such evidence?

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes my phone does that, too. The Facebook one is kind of a pain, since I can't get rid of the badge.

I wouldn't think that it's poor treatment would cause these problems. If there was anything physically wrong with the phone, the problems would likely be much more severe, like random reboots, or the GPS not working.

Restarting the phone might help, as would restoring it.

I don't think that Apple is acting on these things, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out that impacts were logged and uploaded somewhere. The hardware definately supports this, and the data would have real value if collected from the phones and compiled. They just submitted an application for a patent that kind of does the same thing, but with moisture sensors. The data could certainly fall in the diagnostic data that they ask permission for when you set your phone up.

By the way, what case was it? It sounds like it did its job well.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that would cause that but maybe try a restart hold home and power or maybe a restore

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I'd throw just about anything before I'd toss my precious iPhone! Take it to an apple store and say you dropped it!

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just go the the genius bar and be honest. My girlfriends phone got ran over and it was out of warranty and they gave her a replacement for free.

Via Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
A few weeks back, my wife threw her iPhone 4S at me in a fit of rage. Her case shattered, but amazingly the phone looked fine. Well since then, we've been noticing a lot of glitches. Sometimes the call screen won't go away after a call ends. Facebook shows alert badges but won't show what they're for. And tonight, when trying to download some apps it said it "couldn't connect to iTunes". So I have three questions:

1) Could these be symptoms of an unseen, internal injury resulting from the phone's short yet disastrous flight?

2) If so, would the geniuses be able to tell what happened through a software diagnosis? (accelerometer memory or something?)

They will see crash logs from the iPhone. But as long as there is no evidence of physical damage on the outside those shouldn't matter. You could just restore it as new and then take it in saying it's having problems. In either case there is a >99% chance they will replace it for you as long as you are in warranty.

IMO your bigger issue should be keeping your wife from throwing her iPhone at you in the future. ;)

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my iPhone 3GS several times (cracked the screen a bit too) and after several drops, I couldn't hear people when they'd call, my volume wouldn't work, I couldn't hear notifications even though the volume was on. I assumed it was because of dropping it several times and wiggling something loose. My issues centered around the volume and speakers.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
IMO your bigger issue should be keeping your wife from throwing her iPhone at you in the future. ;)

^This, lol!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow! She should stick to the tried-and-true frying pan method of husband correction instead! LOL! Seriously, if you say she threw it they may tell you to take a hike because it was intentional damage.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I was obligated to file a report with CPS (Communications Protective Services). The county should be knocking on your door at any moment now to remove your iPhones from the house and put them into protective foster care......:eek:

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I was obligated to file a report with CPS (Communications Protective Services). The county should be knocking on your door at any moment now to remove your iPhones from the house and put them into protective foster care......:eek:

I guess we'll just have to settle with Nokias.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

LMFAO...........you are too much. very good !!!!!

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Battered Husband Support - Home Page