Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Banned

Default Force Roam

Is there anyway to force roaming on the iPhone? My phone is jailbroken I'm just not sure what I can push to it...

I remember on my android we were able to load up Verizon PRL's so that the phone would access verizon towers instead of Sprint. Is this possible with iOS?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Not that I'm aware of.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Even if it is possible, sprint more than frowns upon excessive roaming, they can even cancel your service. There is a percentage allowed for roaming. I want to say 50% of the time but it may be less.
    No one cares what phones/computers/tablets you are using, or in which order you got them.... so stop listing.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Banned

BUMP to finding a solution.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

No

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,705 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SayntJ View Post
    Even if it is possible, sprint more than frowns upon excessive roaming, they can even cancel your service. There is a percentage allowed for roaming. I want to say 50% of the time but it may be less.
    When I dumped AT&T and was looking for a new provider, I ran into the same problems. I live in the middle of nowhere and I was looking at C-Spire which was Cellular South. They had excellent coverage in the Memphis area, but the further out I went, the more I was roaming. The sales woman told me the same thing - if you spend most of your time roaming, they can cancel your service and slap you with an ETF.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently