Siri Proxy problems

kevin smith 619

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Being a newb to ipad, jailbreak, and marginal with complex computer problems, I am trying to get Siri working on my iPad 2. After following instructions to get the Siri Proxy to "Starting siri proxy on port 443", on my computer through Virtualbox and Ubuntu, and installing the certificate on my iPad2, everything stops there. The only response from Siri is "I can't answer your question right now....", or something similar. I have changed command #9 the second time I ran through the instructions for a proxy. Are these type proxy's still working? Do I have to keep my laptop/ubuntu running in order to use Siri and the proxy? After installing Spire and Siri per instructions, when I change the DNS to the proxy IP, I knock out any online service I might have to the iPad 2, can someone help me resolve these problems?
Thanks,

iFan2012

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes you have to keep you terminal opened. It really sucks, so here is the solution. Go and install screen command on Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install screen
Then open you siri server using the screen command, like
screen -S your_screen_name
it will open the terminal in new window so you could close it safety. If you need to restore the screen window just type
screen -r your_screen_name
Hope this help

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711