Make the jump or wait?
I have come to the moment when I realize I will be coming over to my first iPhone and finally leaving android.
Now here is my dilema, do I go ahead and get the 4s or do I wait for the 5 or whatever the next iphone is gonna be?
Any suggestions or comments from people coming from android?
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
- 02-22-2012, 08:54 PM #2
- 02-22-2012, 09:45 PM #3
- 02-22-2012, 10:18 PM #5
Opus and I both switched from the Galaxy Nexus to a 4S and even with me still missing some Android aspects, you couldn't pay me to switch - I was just offered $225 and a Nexus for this and I turned it down.
- 02-22-2012, 10:22 PM #6
- 02-22-2012, 11:19 PM #7
- 02-23-2012, 03:22 AM #8
Make the jump the high resale of your device will help alleviate any additional cost to buy full retail PLUS it'll b unlockedCleveland
(GO BROWNS )
Quote from Jellotime91
And, I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie...
- 02-23-2012, 05:18 AM #9
As far as what I like vs Android devices I've had:
I love being able to click a date that is in an email sent to my iphone and it automatically puts it on my calendar.
I love the over all size of the iPhone. I thought I would miss the 4.65" screen and not once have I missed it yet.
I love the clarity of the display.....this display simply cannot be beat it is just amazing.
I love the camera, especially compared to my prior Android devices. The Nexus was horrible but this iPhone....WOW
Siri is also very cool, not really an advantage though over Android, just an nice extra to have.
- 02-23-2012, 08:52 PM #10
I made the jump last month from a BB Storm2.
And boy am I glad. Can't imagine having to wait until the fall.
So I say, go ahead, jump!
iPad Air Wi-Fi
MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10.4
- 02-24-2012, 12:12 AM #11
- 02-24-2012, 12:20 AM #12
- 02-24-2012, 01:11 AM #13
- 02-24-2012, 06:08 AM #14
- 02-24-2012, 04:35 PM #15iMore Intermediate
- 218 Posts
- iOS Version
Go ahead and make the jump. Well worth it. And, you can always sell the 4s to offset the cost of the new one coming in fall.
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.George Carlin said it best:
Religion is mind control. Atheism is a non-prophet organization
- 02-24-2012, 05:38 PM #16
- 02-25-2012, 07:24 AM #17
I would caution against purchasing a 4s now if you do not have to even if you plan to sell it later. Thousands of other people will be doing the same thing when the new device gets released. This will make reselling more difficult and bring down the value of the old deice. So, hold off if you can.
- 02-26-2012, 06:58 PM #18
- 02-26-2012, 07:29 PM #19
- 02-27-2012, 07:11 AM #20
- 02-27-2012, 07:15 AM #21
OP, I would go with the 4S now as others have said. Why wait another 8 months when you can be using a iPhone now? Keep the device that you have now, just before the new iPhone comes out you can put your 4S up for sale and use your old device temporarily while you wait.
Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
- 02-27-2012, 09:28 AM #22
- 02-27-2012, 02:05 PM #23
- 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM #24
- 02-28-2012, 04:33 PM #25
I'm in the same boat. My upgrade comes up April 1st on Sprint. I can't decide whether to keep using my launch day evo and wait on the next iphone or go for the 4s. The evo is my first smart phone experience so I really want to try ios and and see the differences for my self.