Upside down photos?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
All you need to do is open it in a photo editor and flip it right-side up, save it and you're done.

That'a what I did do, but it is another step, and one the grandparents won't be able to figure out (I can just see them holding the laptop upside down). I was hoping there was a way to make it take the originals right side up.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.467902,-118.812788

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I've discovered the home button must be to the right of your iPhone and not the left.

That means your volume buttons are on the bottom of the phone.

That means the ads youve seen for pushing he volume buttons to take a picture only work to take the picture ; yet on e you move the pic to the computer, it is upside down.

I discovered this when I took video for my work and all my videos and pics were upside down.

It's annoying but that is how they roll.

reltm

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
This is not my experience. I usually take my pictures and videos with the home button on the right side. This way volume buttons are on the bottom and I can activate the shutter with my thumb which I find easier.

None of my photos come out upside down, not on my phone nor on my computer. The only time this happens is when I am pointing the phone camera lens towards the ground. This seems to confuse the accelerometer and then I sometimes end up with misoriented photos or videos. The solution is to take a half second to set the accelerometer before framing the scene for shooting. I still get the occasional mixed up image orientation, but it is usually from holding the phone at a nonstandard orientation.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My results Rear Camera with home button on left and buttons on top- the pictures were upside down, Front camera with Home button on bottom-tilted 90 degrees on it's side. Front camera with the camera to the right- picture is upright, and Rear camera with volume buttons on bottom and home button on right- picture is also upright.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I recently tried using the volume button for the shutter but all of my photos came put upside down. When I was using my Pre, the photos were always right side up, regardless of the phone's orientation. Is there wny way to fix this?

---
I am here: Google Maps

It's something wrong with the way the photo meta-data on the photos and viewing them in Windows. The fix is either to take the photos with the volume buttons facing up when you snap the photo or to rotate them on your computer after transferring.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner