Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

32 Posts

Default Broken iPhone Help/Advice

I just bought a new iPhone 4S in December 2011 and added the $10/month insurance from Verizon.

I accidentally broke the front glass and it shattered. I called Verizon and they said for $199 they would send me a new one. I paid. The insurance covers 2 replacements in 2 years.

I then researched a repair for the front glass and for $85 sent it to igadgetresq.

Now, I have a brand new in the box iPhone 4s and my repaired iPhone 4s. Should I sell one? Keep both?

I'm not sure what to do with the new iPhone 4s.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    iMore Genius

20,843 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,724 Global Posts

Technically, you should have been provided with an envelope to return the "damaged" phone to Asurion - since they replaced your phone, they theoretically own the "damaged" one.

The legally correct, ethical thing to do would be return the new phone to the insurance company and get your $199 back. Or if you don't give a rip about being ethical, keep it, sell it, or do something other than return it.
    iMore Intermediate

304 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

If you dont send the original one back(the broken one that you had repaired) i do believe that they will charge your account the full retail price of the phone plus blacklist the esn so that being said you will be out a few hundred and a useless phone.

not to mention there could be other legal courses they could take... that would be found in the insurance information or at asurian.com