Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Text reflow

Am I missing where a setting is located? I can't find out how to make Safari text reflow like all my Android phones have done. If Safari can't do this is there another browser that can? Any help would be appreciated.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I could not believe it, but there is no way to really do this. I'm using Atomic browser, which lets you set the zoom/text size for individual sites.
    DZD
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You may already know this but, on some sites, the Safari Browser has a "Reader" button that shows up in the URL Address Bar - click this to enable reader mode where you can adjust the text size and it auto wraps/fits.

Here's a pic showing a site before and after Reader Mode is enabled - in Reader mode you can use the icons on the top left to adjust the font size.

Last edited by DZD; 02-08-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Thanked by:
    golfgal (02-09-2012)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DZD View Post
    You may already know this but, on some sites, the Safari Browser has a "Reader" button that shows up in the URL Address Bar - click this to enable reader mode where you can adjust the text size and it auto wraps/fits.

Here's a pic showing a site before and after Reader Mode is enabled - in Reader mode you can use the icons on the top left to adjust the font size.
    Thanks, I actually hadn't noticed that. I just checked all of the sites in my favorites and none of them have this option though. I am just surprised that this is something the iPhone doesn't offer. With the smaller screen size, you would think this would be a must have feature.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'd like his too, or a jailbreak tweak to enable it.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I used to use reflow text on my Evo and Nexus S. However with the great resolution of the Retina display, I don't see myself needing this feature. Yes text is smaller, but it's so crisp that I can read it correctly and it's not blurred as it was on my Android phones w/o zooming.

Global Posts
    19,555 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by jalba3 View Post
    I used to use reflow text on my Evo and Nexus S. However with the great resolution of the Retina display, I don't see myself needing this feature. Yes text is smaller, but it's so crisp that I can read it correctly and it's not blurred as it was on my Android phones w/o zooming.
    I agree that the text is more crisp and easier to read even though it's smaller, still, it can be a pain in the **** to keep swiping side to side while reading an article or a news story. For my almost 50 year old eyes, text reflow is almost mandatory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-10-2012 at 06:49 AM.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

I bet this is something that we will see coming in a future update.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jalba3 View Post
    Yes, it is the most crisp size 3 font I have ever seen....