Text reflow

HYDE1000

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing where a setting is located? I can't find out how to make Safari text reflow like all my Android phones have done. If Safari can't do this is there another browser that can? Any help would be appreciated.

jkmasi

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I could not believe it, but there is no way to really do this. I'm using Atomic browser, which lets you set the zoom/text size for individual sites.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You may already know this but, on some sites, the Safari Browser has a "Reader" button that shows up in the URL Address Bar - click this to enable reader mode where you can adjust the text size and it auto wraps/fits.

Here's a pic showing a site before and after Reader Mode is enabled - in Reader mode you can use the icons on the top left to adjust the font size.

safari-110607-3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: golfgal

HYDE1000

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
You may already know this but, on some sites, the Safari Browser has a "Reader" button that shows up in the URL Address Bar - click this to enable reader mode where you can adjust the text size and it auto wraps/fits.

Here's a pic showing a site before and after Reader Mode is enabled - in Reader mode you can use the icons on the top left to adjust the font size.

Thanks, I actually hadn't noticed that. I just checked all of the sites in my favorites and none of them have this option though. I am just surprised that this is something the iPhone doesn't offer. With the smaller screen size, you would think this would be a must have feature.

jalba3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I used to use reflow text on my Evo and Nexus S. However with the great resolution of the Retina display, I don't see myself needing this feature. Yes text is smaller, but it's so crisp that I can read it correctly and it's not blurred as it was on my Android phones w/o zooming.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to use reflow text on my Evo and Nexus S. However with the great resolution of the Retina display, I don't see myself needing this feature. Yes text is smaller, but it's so crisp that I can read it correctly and it's not blurred as it was on my Android phones w/o zooming.

I agree that the text is more crisp and easier to read even though it's smaller, still, it can be a pain in the butt to keep swiping side to side while reading an article or a news story. For my almost 50 year old eyes, text reflow is almost mandatory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HYDE1000

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

Yes, it is the most crisp size 3 font I have ever seen....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR