broken screen, can't backup. HELP !

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
my iphone 4S screen has been cracked. i want to do a backup before i send it off for repair. however, when i connect to itunes and try to backup, a message pops up saying i have to enter the pin code on the phone. the problem is i can't use the screen on the phone to enter the code. is there any way around this ? maybe a way to enter the pin on itunes instead ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand that your screen is 'cracked', but is it cracked to the point of not being able to see anything on the display? The reason I ask is because my daughter has cracked the screens on 3 different iPhones and was still able to use them until I got them repaired. Still, to answer your question, if you cannot see any activity on the screen, I doubt that you will be able to backup the device via iTunes without first unlocking the device, but I might be wrong.

Just Me, D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you have iCloud backup set to on? If you do, leave it charging when you sleep tonight while connected to wifi and sometime within those 8 hours it will back up on iCloud. I think you can even change the setting to back up on iCloud on iTunes when it's connected. Wouldn't require a pin code to make that change.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya you broke the digitizer but the LCD is ok that's why the touch won't respond ...

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If there repairing the same phone swapping out a screen won't lose your data

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Do you have iCloud backup set to on? If you do, leave it charging when you sleep tonight while connected to wifi and sometime within those 8 hours it will back up on iCloud. I think you can even change the setting to back up on iCloud on iTunes when it's connected. Wouldn't require a pin code to make that change.

problem is that it broke while i was on vacation so i had data turned off. in fact, if happened to break right when i had turned on airplane mode.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods