Siri in the Car plus BT problem

birdman325

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Still working through getting my new 4S up and running the way I like it but I came across a strange issue this morning.
I paired the phone with my BT in the car and it worked fine to make and receive calls.
I then pressed the home button on the phone to activate Siri and while Siri started up, it also activated the phone through my BT in the car and started to dial my home number.
Is there a setting somewhere (I couldn't find it) that defaults to calling home when you press and hold the home button? I don't think so, because when I press and hold the home button on the phone when not connected to the car through BT, it just activates Siri and does not try and dial my home number.
Any thoughts?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Still working through getting my new 4S up and running the way I like it but I came across a strange issue this morning.
I paired the phone with my BT in the car and it worked fine to make and receive calls.
I then pressed the home button on the phone to activate Siri and while Siri started up, it also activated the phone through my BT in the car and started to dial my home number.
Is there a setting somewhere (I couldn't find it) that defaults to calling home when you press and hold the home button? I don't think so, because when I press and hold the home button on the phone when not connected to the car through BT, it just activates Siri and does not try and dial my home number.
Any thoughts?

That's really odd. I have not heard of this before. Hopefully someone can jump in and shed some light on your situation.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually had the same situation happen. I just turned off Bluetooth.
Oddly enough the other day when I turned it on it didn't happen.
Sadly I don't have any advice for you.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not encountered this - when I press the home button i'm able to speak to Siri through the BT.

Does this happen consistently?

birdman325

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I think what I thought was a problem has turned out not really to be a problem. When I am connected to my car BT and I press the Home button on the iPhone, the Siri bing would start but my phone, through the BT connection would start dialing home. Well, I thought it was dialing home, but what it was really doing was connection to my iPhone cell phone number and when I looked at the car display screen quickly, it had looked like it was dialing home (it showed my name and then the time start counting which is what it does when it is on a call.)
When I looked closer, I saw it was displaying the time counter on the car screen and my iPhone's cell phone number. I guess in order to route Siri and voice commands through my car BT head unit, it sort of treated it as if it was calling itself and showed how long the connection was open.
Anyways, I am not sure this makes sense or is clear, but to make a short story long, it now seems to be working fine. I can connect to my BT headunit in the car, make calls and answer the phone the way I always used to, and if I need to access Siri while driving (either to read to me or reply to a text that arrived while driving) I can do that all over the car speakers.

Thanx for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods