How can I get the print bigger?

freddmc

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble reading the small print, especially when web browsing (old age:D). I have enabled Zoom,which only allows you to double font size (not enough for me)and large text(which only allows increased font size on certani things-like e-mail.
Anyone know of any other ways or any aps?

Thanks

Fred

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Have you tried using the "reader" feature? When you go to a article scroll to the top of the screen and tap "reader". From there it will put all of the text on the screen only and you can adjust the size of the text. Hope this helps.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing I learned on the triple finger double tap - on the second tap, leave your fingers on the screen and swipe up - this will increase the zoom factor (likewise, swiping down will decrease it).

Also, as mentioned earlier, the Reader button in Safari allows you to enlarge the font and it will auto wrap.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
One thing I learned on the triple finger double tap - on the second tap, leave your fingers on the screen and swipe up - this will increase the zoom factor (likewise, swiping down will decrease it).

Also, as mentioned earlier, the Reader button in Safari allows you to enlarge the font and it will auto wrap.

DZD,

Tks for the time on the Reader button - I must have missed that.

Can't get the triple finger double tap wipe to work.
And I'm not sure I know what it will do? Will it zoom in more than the magnification after hitting the Reader button?

TIA

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Under settings> general> accessibility> font ... you can change font size for email, documents, text, notes but not for web pages. On same menu under > Zoom, you have to set Zoom to ON to use the three- finger tap function

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Haha...I must have looked like a total idiot trying to get this to work! I'm assuming that this is either an iPad multi-gesture, or if you have a jailbroken iPhone (pre-4S) that you enabled multitask-gestures.