Who still has their 4S from the day they bought it?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
In other words, I usually go through 3 iPhones before I find a trouble free one. My 4S is still the first one I got. I went through 3 original ones, 3 3G's, 3 3GS' and I think 3 i4 models.

I am curious, who here still has their day 1 4S? No, you can't answer if you got it last week. It doesn't even have to be a 4S. Did you keep your original phone from when you bought it until you upgraded?

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I still have the same exact one from the day it was released. Although I have noticed my left speaker doesn't work properly I don't have time to go trade it in for a new one.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my 4S on the 29th of October 2011 (2 wks after the launch date) and I still have the same one.

Just Me, D

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I still have the same exact one from the day it was released. Although I have noticed my left speaker doesn't work properly I don't have time to go trade it in for a new one.

There is no left speaker. It's a microphone.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In other words, I usually go through 3 iPhones before I find a trouble free one. My 4S is still the first one I got. I went through 3 original ones, 3 3G's, 3 3GS' and I think 3 i4 models.

I am curious, who here still has their day 1 4S? No, you can't answer if you got it last week. It doesn't even have to be a 4S. Did you keep your original phone from when you bought it until you upgraded?

I'm on my 3rd 4S. First one after a few weeks the volume would go down on it's own without a single button press. No reset or restore would fix the issue eliminating the possibility of a software glitch. Then the new one they replaced that one with had the SIM card issue. The SIM would be in place securely but the device would say No SIM inserted. The 3rd new one I received is fine. Knock on wood.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
On my 3rd. First one the lock button double clicked many times. Got a replacement and that had 2 dead pixels. 3rd has been great.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I still have my first one, although I do get that static sound when on calls sometimes. Not enough to have me get a new one though. I will say the latest baseband update, 1.5.04, is terrible for data connectivity.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered our first pair (which we "returned" because they didn't arrive for a month) so technically our original 4S's were purchased and went home with us on launch date 10/14. Still have the same pair and they work fine. Only issues were not receiving all iMessages but it is an issue for both devices as well as many other iPhones in our area and beyond so I don't think it is a device issue. We turned off iMessaging since we have unlimited text anyway and don't text internationally. No problems since. :)

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

There is no left speaker. It's a microphone.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

I walked into the VZW store on launch day around noon, no line, and had my 4S in my hand in about 15 minutes. Still have the same one, no issues. Not even with the battery like some have had.

And yea, the mic does look like a speaker. Kinda sneaky. An iDevice that got it's start as an iPod should be a little more dedicated to sound with dual speakers...

Last edited:
Reactions: nj1266

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro