Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Parry
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Question APN Settings for Data Network?

Hi,

I am unable to set the APN settings manually for my data connectivity.

I have gone through Settings > General > Network > Cellular Network; but here I only get the option of switching it on & off.

Do we have to insert it manually using iPhone Configuration Utility like 3GS?

Pls assist.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Parry View Post
    Hi,

I am unable to set the APN settings manually for my data connectivity.

I have gone through Settings > General > Network > Cellular Network; but here I only get the option of switching it on & off.

Do we have to insert it manually using iPhone Configuration Utility like 3GS?

Pls assist.
    Without knowing what carrier you are on, makes it pretty difficult to give you a answer that can help you out.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

I don't know what carrier you're using, but this "APN changer" link should help you get the correct setting. http://www.unlockit.co.nz/#_Home. Simply select the carrier that you need and click "install". The correct carrier APN setting will then be installed for you.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Thanks Jeremy Sikora & Irish Rose for your reply.

I am on Vodafone & have the APN settings just want to figure out to place them in the device. Earlier with my 3GS, had worked around with iPhone Configuration Utility.

Someone had advised that we can find the APN settings in Settings > General > Network > Cellular Network.
    Last edited by Parry; 01-31-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Global Posts
    4,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Go to this site from your phone
    Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

Make a "custom apn" and then you'll be able to choose your carrier. Make sure the phone is loading the mobile version.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Thanks forever29 for your reply.

I was able to work my way around with iPhone Configuration Utility, as I did earlier with my 3GS.
    Heisenberg likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Hi all, I have Optus APN loaded on my iPad but don't have a 'carrier' atm. Been looking @ Woolworths micro-sim (which uses Optus as the carrier supposedly for iPhone only), but 5GB over 45 days for $29, seems a gr8 deal after comparing the 'real carrier prices IFYKIWM! My ? if I buy this pp micro sim, will the original Optus APN still work? I'd really appreciate some advice being totally new to iPad. Cheers everyone, Min