Please no more bookmarks...I can't take it

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Every time you open the Safari. You see it.

3184535808_9102d998d6.jpg

The bookmark popup.

The bookmark popup.

The FREAKING bookmark popup!

It's so. Annoying.

Why does it open up automatically like an advertisement every time you open safari?

You can easily access the bookmarks right on the bottom dash.

It's right there in plain sight. A book icon. It's in the center for goodness sakes.

Petition anyone?

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The only time my phone doesn't do that is if I keep the last page I looked at open. I have looked into it before and unless something has changed or jailbroken ( this is a guess) there is nothing you can do to change it.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Never has any of my iphones ever done this...And I've jb every one.(In case anyone will blame this on being a jb issue)

Bundy#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, but only if no page was loaded in the browser. If I close all the browser windows, so I am showing a blank page, then close the app, the next time i open it the Bookmarks Bar will show up.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
only if no page was loaded in the browser. If I close all the browser windows, so I am showing a blank page, then close the app, the next time i open it the Bookmarks Bar will show up.

correct. afaik, there is no setting for this as it is a default setting

however, currently with the 5.1 betas it does not do this. fingers crossed that is stays that way

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bundy is right. If you clear your cache and stuff prior to closing Safari and then reopen it, you will automatically get the bookmarks page, however, if you go to your home page or any other page prior to closing Safari, that's the page that'll be displayed when you reopen it.

Just Me, D

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2