phone no longer charges???

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden, my phone wont charge.. i tried 3 differnet chargers and it still wont work UGH... anyone else experience this?? now what?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Have you tried turning it off and back on again? If so next thing you can try is a factory reset. Then if that doesn't work it's time to visit your local Apple store.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks.. Yes, I tried turning it off and on, as well as a hard reset.. I just made a genius bar appt for saturday.. now I have to be without a phone untile then...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
thanks.. Yes, I tried turning it off and on, as well as a hard reset.. I just made a genius bar appt for saturday.. now I have to be without a phone untile then...

How about plugging it into your computer? I know it's a long shot but what do you have to lose?

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
that doesn't work either.. Howerver, it is now is charging sporadically. it lasts for about 4 minutes, then stops.. not sure what is going on

someone suggested trying DFU mode?? not sure what that is but will that work.. and will I lose my jailbreak if I do that??

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
that doesn't work either.. Howerver, it is now is charging sporadically. it lasts for about 4 minutes, then stops.. not sure what is going on

someone suggested trying DFU mode?? not sure what that is but will that work.. and will I lose my jailbreak if I do that??

You never mentioned you were JB. That could be your problem right there. Restore and see if that fixes it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I thought that at first, but now it charges off and on.. seems to me that would me some type of hardware issue, no?

Maybe and maybe not. If you go to genius bar with this problem Saturday, they will restore your phone first before they give you a new one to verify if it's due to JB or if its hardware. So you might as well try first yourself.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I know, definitely. I will restore my phone back to factory settings, and then restore from my backup first before I even walk in there.. I was told to never go to the genius bar with a JB phone or they won't help you..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I know, definitely. I will restore my phone back to factory settings, and then restore from my backup first before I even walk in there.. I was told to never go to the genius bar with a JB phone or they won't help you..

They will help you. They just will restore your phone first. That is their first step of trouble shooting.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
weird. phone is charging fine now.. I deleted the last theme I installed and re-installed it (because I love it so much, didn't want to give up on it) and its charging fine.. I guess we will see how it goes before I cancel my genius appt. maybe I just got a bad download, or maybe the chargers I had at work are the issue.. not sure.. but thanks for your help

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
weird. phone is charging fine now.. I deleted the last theme I installed and re-installed it (because I love it so much, didn't want to give up on it) and its charging fine.. I guess we will see how it goes before I cancel my genius appt. maybe I just got a bad download, or maybe the chargers I had at work are the issue.. not sure.. but thanks for your help

Glad to hear your phone is now charging as it should but to add one last thing, Make sure at least once a month you let your battery die down until your phone turns off and then charge it. This will help the charging cycles of your battery and the elctrons in your battery to move around as they should.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox