Get or wait?
I have been a blackberry user just because of keyboard and BBM. At the moment I am using BlackBerry Bold 9900. Yes, it doesnt have many apps and yes it is lacking a lot, I am somewhat happy with it. But I am bored and tired of waiting for BB to make proper, competing and functioning phones. I want to get an iPhone. I have also thought a lot about WP but since I am an iPad and a Mac user I decided iPhone would be better. My options are:
-Wait till iPhone 5, continue using 9900
-Get a cheap iPhone 4 and wait till iPhone 5 (How much are i4`s retail prices?)
-Get the 4S and forget about iPhone 5
These are sorted by my desire to do them.
Can you guys help me out! Would love to hear some opinions and advices.
Thanks for your time.
Note:The best would be to persuade my mom to ditch her iPhone 4 to a 4S, but she says "no need" lol
- 01-24-2012, 07:13 PM #2
- 01-24-2012, 07:16 PM #3
- 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM #4
- 01-24-2012, 07:44 PM #6
My opinion is similar to JustMe'D. If you can stick it out with your 9900, then wait till your upgrade is avail if that's not too far away. Then with your upgrade use it to get whatever the latest iPhone is out, or if the newest iPhone will be released within a month of your upgrade time then wait for it.
IF on the other hand you feel you can't wait because your at the end of your rope using the 9900, then I would say sell your 9900 and buy a used iPhone 4 or 4S, and then when your upgrade comes around, if there's a newer version of the iPhone out you then have the option to stick with the iPhone you have & save your upgrade OR sell it and put the money from that towards your upgrade purchase of the newest iPhone
Good luck with your decision !! And welcome to iMore also
- 01-24-2012, 07:54 PM #7
- 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM #8
- 01-24-2012, 09:59 PM #9
- 01-24-2012, 10:08 PM #10
- 01-24-2012, 10:38 PM #11
I was fiddling w/ this same question about a month and a half ago w/ going from my iPhone 4 to the 4s I have now. I ended up just getting the 4s and am so glad I did. If I really want to get the 5 when it comes out, I should be able to sell my 4s for enough to justify getting the 5. I think you will be blown away with the iPhone compared to your crackberry. Just my .02.
Actually I find no point in getting a 4s for now. The only advantage for me is the amazing camera. Other than that doesn't matter so much. Yeah it has dual cores... guess what? Battery sucker.. It has Siri, which is an awesome feature, I love it and use it on my iPod Touch... once a week. Any other points to make me get 4S?
In my situation I would take the 4 just because of the battery life, seriously! I need a lot of juice, I am a heavy user. I really hope that Apple gives us more battery life, like Samsung. They promised a full day battery life for phones which are to be released in 2012. The one which was revealed at CES (couldn't remember the name, razr something) packs 3300mah battery!! Apple should take battery life seriously, and if they are putting some quad cores and LTE this should be their focus!
- 01-25-2012, 01:10 AM #13
I find the phone to be noticibly faster than my 4, and I have no complaints with the battery life. It was a no brainer for me as my wife had been wanting an iPhone and was okay with getting my 4. So now I have the 4s and when the 5 comes out I can use her upgrade and she can have my 4s. Win win.
- 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM #15
I was in your position in late 2012...I had the iPhone 4 in April 2011...then the shiny new Bold 9900/9930 appeared and I upgraded to that in August 2011 ( just had to try out one more BB...Had the 9650 before I had the iP4).
I quickly grew bored with my 9930 and missed the simplicity and the fact that the iPhone just works. I sold my Bold 9930 and had enough to make it wash and get an iP4 32gb. I think there is/was one on this board for $300...
From what I'm seeing a mint iP4 32gb will run you $325-$350 range...I managed to snag one a little less than mint for $275. The iP4 16gb seems to top out around $300..just depends on the deal.
I have an upgrade on my account Feb 18, 2012 and Dec 2, 2012. I'm waiting for the iPhone after the 4S. To me the bump in processor and camera specs as well as Siri was not worth the price bump. I am a some what impatient person, but even I decided that since I have those two upgrades available at different parts of the year...I will see what the next iPhone will be.
Hope this helps.
- 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM #16
It depends on your personality . I knew Verizon was getting the iPhone very shortly after I could upgrade but with my personality, very impulsive and impatient, I opted to get a blackberry and then upgrade when the 4s came out. Then the 4s came out and there was ALREADY talk about the iPhone 5 but I wanted what's new NOW, not a phone thats doesn't even have a release date yet! I pay extra to upgrade once a year on Verizon so ill upgrade to the 5 next November. If I were you I'd ditch the BB and get the 4s. It's whats hot right now and once the 5 comes out everyone will be talking about the next iPhone so you will basically always be one step behind.....
- 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM #17
If you know of someone with an iPhone4, ask them what they think of it. Then find someone with a 4S and compare specs then consult your finances to see which one you could swing.