Push/exchange help

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have had the 4s since December 9 and everything has worked as expected. I exchanged it about two weeks later due to a faulty vibrator motor. Since the exchange my email has worked erratically. I will get up in the morning with no emails. Then all of a sudden I get loads of emails. Some are even from the night before. I assume that a fix would be to restore but I hate waiting through that process. Is there an easier way to fix this? I have my email setup to push on accounts where that is available and fetch every 30 on accounts where push isn't a option. The types of email I have are att.net, gmail, iCloud and my work which is the fetch account. I am running the latest OS version also.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well you need to determine which account is having problems first.

If some accounts are set to fetch then it's entirely possibly you are just getting a bunch of emails in between the fetch intervals so when it does the fetch you get a big batch of them. If you think it's one of the push accounts you can delete the account and add it back without restoring the iPhone and see if this clears up any issues.

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My yahoo does this too daily. Sometimes it will push, sometimes I have to go into my mail and it will down load the messages then. Not a big deal to me as I have no important messages coming my way :)

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well you need to determine which account is having problems first.

If some accounts are set to fetch then it's entirely possibly you are just getting a bunch of emails in between the fetch intervals so when it does the fetch you get a big batch of them. If you think it's one of the push accounts you can delete the account and add it back without restoring the iPhone and see if this clears up any issues.

I think it is with all email accounts. When I wake most times I will get an email from all the accounts, if I tap the mail app. It couldn't be due to the fetch intervals because on Saturday morning I got emails from 4:30pm Friday on the work account and emails from midnight on the other accounts. While not all of the emails are time critical, I would like to be alerted within a reasonable time frame. Thirteen hours later is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

moonoverparma00

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting a pop up saying my exchange password is incorrect. I put in the password and it still happens. I disabled chapcha or whatever it's called and it is still happening.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Try changing your password with on the host site and see if it makes a difference if not - try a restore this could be corrupted iOS somehow if that doesn't work try it on a friends phone of possible to see if it's a device issue before making a genius bar appt

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting a pop up saying my exchange password is incorrect. I put in the password and it still happens. I disabled chapcha or whatever it's called and it is still happening.

Make sure you disabled it on a pc not from your phone

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2