KO Gadget light MOD warning!

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
For those looking into buying this MOD, more specifically from the piss poor company KO gadget, I HIGHLY suggest you don't.

I placed my order way back during the first week of December and finally received the kit. What did I get? A broken back panel, poorly made tools and a MISSING LIGHT PANEL! Right, WTF? I emailed them a few days ago and received no reply. Then I took to their Facebook page where again, I got no reply. I then started to warn people of my experience and told KO I would be disputing this with my bank and Paypal. Once I did this they booted me from their page and deleted every single warning I provided to other potential buyers. I also noticed that other users who had issues, malfunctioning parts or missing parts like me also had their comments deleted and then banned.

I wanted to warn you guys and would hate to see this happen to another user. I DEEPLY regret moving forward with this and paying for such a piece of crap. I trust that once I get Paypal photographic evidence of what I received and show that I properly tried to contact them, only to have my comments removed and banned, that I will get my money back. But this is still more than I bargained for. This company is an utter joke.

I read Allyson's blog over the past few days and she is right. I would not recommend this MOD and it seems Apple is right on top of them. :mad:

My friend had his installed for less than a day before taking it off. He had proximity sensor issues, hated the fact that it would light up (Apple logo) when pulling data at random times, and the back panel had light leak on the sides. I believe he is too contemplating a dispute.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info - I've been thinking about buying this mod, but I might refrain for now - sorry to hear of your troubles with this ... Keep us posted

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
That sucks! I cancelled my order and got a refund. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that your kit wasnt complete-- it might have ruined your phone. I don't think KOG was even remotely prepared for the amount of orders they received and their customer service suffered as a result. I hope you are able to get a refund.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think they got a nice letter from apple and have stopped selling them

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh