Ems,f/d,sar,pd?

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
So im interested in knowing who uses there phone for any of these jobs? IF so what apps do you use that may make your job easier? Thanks folks..

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've not seen any new apps in this area of interest since the Verizon iPhone4 came out - and, as a person involved in my local CERT group, I have an interest.

Will watch the thread to see if anyone chimes in with anything I missed...

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I am a volunteer firefighter and I use extricate whenever we come across a hybrid car it shows all the danger zones to avoid to cut with extrication tools.. Use Ecm2 for a call paging system also

Sent from neur0tk's iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I am a volunteer firefighter and I use extricate whenever we come across a hybrid car it shows all the danger zones to avoid to cut with extrication tools.. Use Ecm2 for a call paging system also

Sent from neur0tk's iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

That's great use of your apps/iOS device for the greater good! Keep up the good work nau0tk!! :)

jedifire11

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have plenty of EMS related apps on my iP4. I use Paramedic Provider Protocols for quick reference of my state protocols, I believe most states are available within the app for download. All of Informed's pocket guides can be found in app form, I use EMS ALS, Critical Care and EMS Pediatric. There is also time trackers for keeping track of status times like dispatched, arrived, etc. There are quite a few ERG apps out there as well, I use ERG Pro and Wiser. I also have Medscape, Epocrates and Univ. of MD's app for drug/condition reference. I also use FireScheduler to keep track of when I work. Hope some of these suggestions were useful!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
ePocrates is one i use if i ever come across pills and the like (but i think I've used it once or twice at most)...other than that, i just use the native apps to keep track of stuff (like over time and days i have to do PT). I've heard there was a penal code app for the state of Georgia but it really wouldn't help me much since my job is focused on federal law on federal properties (where state laws have no bearing really)...

stingray389

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
webmd to identify pills during stops, time calculator to help track overtime, ny penal law, an app to access my department's procedural guide, and recorder pro when I need to record a conversation.

Reactions: cvo515

cvo515

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Im on a rotating schedule. Didnt know if there was something a little easier to enter. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
For rotating schedules.... Search the app store for Scheduler. Almost idiot proof.

As far as protocols, I have Adobe installed for my regional Medic protocols for very rare references. I find that knowing the protocols cold makes for a competent paramedic. The last thing a family wants to see is the person helping their loved one tooling through his/her apps to do drug math. And, one can always titrate to effect with drips.

For my main job the need for an immediate reference isn't as emergent as EMS. I follow the rule that I was raised on.... if my mother told me not to do it, it's most likely illegal. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: cvo515

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice