Portrait orientation lock

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that a lot of people have the portrait orientation lock active on their phones. I know what it is buy is their a reason or an advantage to having it active?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I prefer mine locked because when ever I type an email/tx etc. I only use the portrait keyboard. VERY very rarely will I turn my device to landscape mode.

It's just a matter of preference :)

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I never turn my phone to the side to use the landscape keyboard it just feels so weird in my hand

Sent from neur0tk's iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jalba3

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes the angle in which I am laying down or tilt my phone just to observe & reply to a notification, orientation will switch to landscape. I prefer when pulling the phone out of my pocket, for it to stay in portrait, reply one handed, and slide it back into my pocket w/o having to hassle around with the accelerometer.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes the angle in which I am laying down or tilt my phone just to observe & reply to a notification, orientation will switch to landscape. I prefer when pulling the phone out of my pocket, for it to stay in portrait, reply one handed, and slide it back into my pocket w/o having to hassle around with the accelerometer.

This is the exact reason I keep mine locked... I usually use my phone in portrait more and it always wants to flip on me... I loathe landscape (which is surprising because when I first bought an iPhone, I thought I was only going to use it in landscape)...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Same here. Even when watching a video I don't put it in landscape. If I really want to see it in landscape I'll
just unlock it for a moment. Such an easy toggle being in the multi-task bar.

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I only lock my phone's orientation when reading in bed. Then it is a nice feature, otherwise I tend to like to have my phone go back in forth depending on what I am doing.

Nightburn

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if you could set this feature "per app" .. Personally, I only care about being locked to portrait mode in the messages or mail app. And in the photos app I want it to always be landscape.

The global lock is equally annoying for me however I set it, so i tend to leave it off and only turn it on when in bed or something.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It would be nice if you could set this feature "per app" .. Personally, I only care about being locked to portrait mode in the messages or mail app. And in the photos app I want it to always be landscape.

The global lock is equally annoying for me however I set it, so i tend to leave it off and only turn it on when in bed or something.

In lots of cases, apps give you that option

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner