Phone keeps searching for signal

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Hold power+home count 10 sec release power continuing to hold home. I listen to my pc for the usb sound then u can let go.

Your screen will be black if you have the itunes picture or something else your not in DFU

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hold power+home count 10 sec release power continuing to hold home. I listen to my pc for the usb sound then u can let go.

Your screen will be black if you have the itunes picture or something else your not in DFU

have tried countless times and i still cannot get in DFU mode..

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you powering phone off before you start? You must start process with phone powered off

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you powering phone off before you start? You must start process with phone powered off

well ive gotten it into recovery mode several times. i followed those instructions in the dfu how to link you gave me

and i didnt have the phone off

Last edited:

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
itunes will not say DFU mode it WILL say a phone in recovery mode.

gahhh im stupid..i didnt know that, its restoring now

EDIT: restored, now do i set it up as a new iphone or can i restore from a back up?

Last edited:

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
gahhh im stupid..i didnt know that, its restoring now

EDIT: restored, now do i set it up as a new iphone or can i restore from a back up?

That depends on you. You'll hear opinions on both. Some say better as new as to make sure no corruption from backup carries over. Others say doesnt matter.

I would say if u have the patience to re set all your settings etc do new.

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
That depends on you. You'll hear opinions on both. Some say better as new as to make sure no corruption from backup carries over. Others say doesnt matter.

I would say if u have the patience to re set all your settings etc do new.

well i have pics that i dont wanna lose either. guess ill wing it and restore from back up. if i do new, is there a way to get only my pics back and not anything else?

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
If you didn't turn on Photo Stream then no. My guess is your issue has been the sim reader and as i heard this version may address that so id backup see what happens. Worst you can restore again as new.

low06sierra

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
If you didn't turn on Photo Stream then no. My guess is your issue has been the sim reader and as i heard this version may address that so id backup see what happens. Worst you can restore again as new.

i dont remember if i did. i already have a new sim card so might as well try it from a backup

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
Could be a SIM card or network issues. Also, what version are you running of 5.0.1? 94A05 or 94A06? If you on the first, restore via iTunes to get on 5.0.1 version 94A06 as that OS was update to fix some network issues.

It's a pity that seems available only for the 4S. I have an iPhone 4 that started having similar issues with our AT&T Microcell after I went to 5.0.1.

anon(4732323)

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem & I'm also on my second 4S. After speaking at great length with Apple they assured me that it wouldn't be the sim card, but a network issue. I'm with Vodafone UK & nothing was resolved. Mines more temperamental these days, but it's highly annoying!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro