[Q] is OSx v10.6.8 acceptable???

cvo515

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi-
My Verizon Iphone 4s should be here in two days. I'm a long time android user to bare with me. I have about a 5 year old MacBook (I know, laugh...but it runs like a champ lol) running OSx 10.6.8. I cannot put Lion on it because of the processor mine has (I tried today from App Store). Are there any great limitations that I'll have because of the older OS? Its my understanding that iCloud is with Lion. I am currently saving for a wedding this fall...so don't think my better half with appreciate me going out an buying a brand new iMac lol. I appreciate the help...thanks in advance for the replies.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the only thing you have to worry about is being able to delete your back ups and what not, but you can actually delete the back up from your phone. So it really doesn't matter, and actually you can use www.iCloud.com, to worry about your emails, calenders, contacts, iWork documents, and Finding your Phone/Mac. So, not having Lion won't be a draw back, it's just a new operating system. I also forgot, I think with the updated iPhoto your Photos will be view-able on your computer thanks to Photo Stream. There isn't a photo option on iCloud.com. To answer your question, yes 10.6.8 is fine. No need to rush out for a new Mac at the moment.

Congrats on getting married.

cvo515

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
thanks man.

I always thought I needed Lion to use i Cloud. I guess I'll wait til I get my device, and see what kinks have to be worked out, or figured out. Thanks again....glad to know Apple doesn't have to get more of my money just yet!!! haha

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Even then, that is what we are here for, to help. Also you could wait it out for the new iMac, because there is going to be a whole new one coming out... or so I think.

Reactions: cvo515

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
... I am currently saving for a wedding this fall..

Do the Apple Stores participate in any organized nuptial gift registries? Maybe some well-meaning relatives & friends can chip in for you & the spouse to be... suggest Apple gift cards for wedding gifts :D

cvo515

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Do the Apple Stores participate in any organized nuptial gift registries? Maybe some well-meaning relatives & friends can chip in for you & the spouse to be... suggest Apple gift cards for wedding gifts :D

I like your thinking. Ill have to check that out with my local apple store

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW