Problems adding a mail account
This is my first ever iPhone and I really needed to add email accounts to it besides the iCloud but it gives me some sort of error whenever i try... Ive tried doing two different accounts and neither work ;( can someone help me?
- 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM #2
- 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM #4
PinkRoze, i don't know too much about the email accounts on the iPhone--i only have 2 aol's and 1 yahoo. But i do know you can add the gmail acct as 'exchange' and then in the server field enter m.google.com
So hope that'll help you with that one at least
- 01-03-2012, 07:14 PM #5
- 01-03-2012, 07:18 PM #6
- 01-03-2012, 08:16 PM #7
- 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM #8
When I try to add the Outlook e-mail I use the hotmail and everything appears fine but then it tells me that the password is incorrect.
Enter the password for the Hotmail account "hotmail"
The Gmail finally worked
and the Live one worked too
The only one that has not worked now is the Outlook one which is the most important of all ;/
It's not from work, its from my University.
I say that it's an outlook account because when I log in to it thru the hotmail site, it takes me directly to something called Microsoft Web App. So it's not like a nornal account.
- 01-04-2012, 05:47 AM #10
University accounts usually have very finicky servers. Check with the university and make sure your email address and username are the same. Some universities use different email and usernames so it is sometimes tricky to set it up. Alternatively, why not just ask someone on campus who has an iPhone or double-check the user settings used when you set up the account in outlook.
- 01-04-2012, 08:33 AM #11
I have setup several in my office with Exchange, I always get the errors too. Save your settings with the errors and without the address being validated, then go back to Settings, Mail, Exchange,Account. When that opens go to the bottom and turn off "use SSL"
This has worked with all of our phones.
- 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM #12iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
- 01-05-2012, 07:30 AM #14iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
How I set up my college Exchange mail on 4s
1) Go to Settings -Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Stroll down a bit and click "Add Account."
2) Stroll to the bottom and click "Other".
3) Click "Add Mail Account"
4) Fill in the fields that appear and click "Next"
If all goes right, and it should, a new page opens where you'll see the option to set the account up as either an IMAP or a POP account. (I set mine up as an IMAP account, which keeps all my mail on the college's server.)
5) The info you entered at step 4 will be filled in. You need to fill in the fields for the outgoing and incoming mail server sections. Again, I used the URL for my college's wed access page, owa.cambridgecollege.edu. Make sure you don't include "http".
6) Click "Next" and you should see the "verifying" screen. Once your account is confirmed, you should be all set.
Hope this helps.