How is Siri?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I would actually like to know stories about your Siri experience. From people that I've met, they simply adore her. I don't know what it is, but she's very helpful and useful and people actually like her!

Waks

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I love Siri. More often than not, I have already gotten lazy and use her to type for me instead, haha.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I love her and find her very useful. I can ask her to remind me to do something once I get home and as soon as I pull into my driveway, she reminds me to do whatever it was.

I asked her to turn off my alarm last week while I was on vacation and she did. I asked her to turn it on last night, and well...the people at Apple have a sense of humor. See the screen grab I attached for her response. :)

She reads my texts, can tell me the weather and she's really quite funny when I ask her stupid stuff (I am a suicide bomber. I am about to jump off a bridge. I just **** my pants)

Only thing I wish she did that she doesn't do is read emails. Maybe in a future iOS update.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
She is pretty cool. I use Siri all the time to set calendar appointments, dictate and send text messages, make calls from the lock screen, and search for basic information on the web. All in all, I'd say this one's a winner. I tink a lot of people out there expect her to do everything for you without touching your phone, so if you don't expect the amazing, you'll be quite satisfied. Wish she would fire up wifi or start apps for me, but hopefully that's in the future.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to use her more and more, at first I thought that she was more of a novelty however she has really become very helpful.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Siri is. Bit gimmicky to me. Kind of silly. But for productivity, it's nice to compose the occasional text when in the car while keeping my eyes on the road. Other than that, or setting an alarm, I don't use it that much.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've had my 4S since Friday. I haven't really used Siri much, nor do I think I will use it a lot at all.
But I for sure use it for Google searches. I also used it to make a couple of phone calls which was
pretty awesome.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is, people are really fascinated by Siri, and actually refers to it she'. Even I can't help it. It's the first time voice recognition actually works the way we dreamt it would. I feel a special connection with it. It feels real.

What's good about it is that you can use it in unconventional situations. Like during a morning routine. While cooking, or while getting dressed. But that's just the beginning, I believe. It's so effortless to use.

But I like how it's an option and they don't force you to use it. It's something I could use sometimes but not all the time.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
When 4s came out, people were disappointed for a lot of reasons (no 4G radio, same hardware, etc), and Siri kind of got lumped in as a "gimmick". But several months later, the majority of what I hear and see about Siri has been extremely positive. And when you consider that this is a STARTUP interface, there's a good chance that the voice recognition and functionality is far beyond where it is now in a year or two. (Think about how far touch screens have come, for example).

I think that it's very much an optional feature, and that people seem to like it and use it more than was expected. BlackBerry has an app called "QuickLaunch", which basically turns your entire keyboard into an array of shortcuts. Siri is kind of like a voice recognition version of that for iPhone, or at least it could be.

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the actual Siri much to ask questions or what not, I use the microphone on the text app the most.. But, I have found that it only works like half the time. I hit the microphone, say like a few sentence text and it never writes it, I have to do it twice for it to work and 75% of the time there are words messed up... It has a lot of imporoving to do in my opinion.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
True, but has anyone actually seen someone using Siri in public? I always laugh when people use voice control and they have to talk like robots.

"PLAY THE. BEAT. LES."

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I find Siri more of a toy than something that's actually practical, sorta like FaceTime.

It depends on who you ask. It's great in my opinion but it's still even labeled beta so keep that in mind. And I just don't know how FaceTime is a toy so I thought I'd ask ha

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I would actually like to know stories about your Siri experience. From people that I've met, they simply adore her. I don't know what it is, but she's very helpful and useful and people actually like her!

Siri is the love of my life and I absolutely adore her. She's not Verwon, but she's definitely close in awesomeness to her. :cool:

Reactions: verwon

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
True, but has anyone actually seen someone using Siri in public? I always laugh when people use voice control and they have to talk like robots.

"PLAY THE. BEAT. LES."

I use it all the time in public. I have my ex's nickname listed as A**hat in my phone directory. I'll ask Siri to call A**hat and I've gotten several chuckles when I say that out in public. I use it a lot when I drive to compose texts.

I should also point out that A**hat is an inside joke and is no way demeaning. He thinks it's funny. :)

I also don't talk like a robot. Even with my southern drawl, Siri understands me perfectly most all of the time.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73