iPhone or "iPod" ? which are you using?

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPod touch (first one out) and it is veryyyy laggy and slow (especially after using the iphone4s). I had a feeling it was "going" and I think it's about had it. It's been put through the ringer and has served me well. That being said - i was on the apple site checking out the iPods. I was thinking of getting the iPod nano. I don't need the iPod touch because it's pretty much the iPhone without being able to make phone calls. Again that made me think - do I need an iPod if I have the iPhone?!?! I'm worried about draining the battery with playing music. Also, if a call or text comes in will it stop the music to alert me? Will having a thousand songs eat up to much memory ?
Would love to hear what your doing for music !

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I use both but the iPod lives in the car so I don't have to constantly connect and disconnect my phone. For music outside the car I use my iPhone. It's not a one-size-fits-all matter. Do whatever works for you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I also have an iPod nano touch. I still split my music playing with both devices. Before the nano I was exclusively using my iPhone for music.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
We do a lot of traveling - and camping - and I've always had the iPod while hiking or walking or in the car or connected to speakers while camping or hanging out back by the pool. I guess it's just foreign to me to use my phone that way. Maybe Im just paranoid about exposing my iPhone to those environments too. (hiking and camping and being anywhere near water) nothing a good weather proof /dust proof case couldn't handle I guess.

Do you find it a big battery drain on your iPhone?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have my iPhone and use it as an iPod sometimes...

I have an iPod touch in my car that is used specifically for in car music (even built a little custom housing for it in the car so that its easily accessible and hides the connection wires (also charges it).

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I only have an iPhone and listen to music everyday allll day. My battery life is good and it does stop for calls and text

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and iPod. I use the iPod for music in my car and working out. I only use my phone for music when I download something from iTunes that I can't access on my iPod until I sync it later at home.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
i went ahead and downloaded music onto my iPhone. (only put 400 songs on for now) today i will try it out in the car, and later, when i go for a run with headphones. might have to get one of those arm bands if I'm going to stick with it while exercising... what kind of car mount are you using? i was looking at one in the store the other day - it was a garmin - said it worked with mobile devices, iPhone, iPod, etc.. $29.99. looked like you sit the phone in it, and tighten it up until the sides all close in on it. suction cup to dashboard mount. also going to test out the iPhone as primary gps - my garmin is old and maps outdated (5yrs) - its either by the upgrade for $90 for the garmin, or use the iPhone. any thoughts on navigation apps? which one are you using?

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPod touch (first one out) and it is veryyyy laggy and slow (especially after using the iphone4s). I had a feeling it was "going" and I think it's about had it. It's been put through the ringer and has served me well. That being said - i was on the apple site checking out the iPods. I was thinking of getting the iPod nano. I don't need the iPod touch because it's pretty much the iPhone without being able to make phone calls. Again that made me think - do I need an iPod if I have the iPhone?!?! I'm worried about draining the battery with playing music. Also, if a call or text comes in will it stop the music to alert me? Will having a thousand songs eat up to much memory ?
Would love to hear what your doing for music !

I have a 64 Gb iPhone4s, it's also my iPod...the battery was an issue and I have to admit I found my old iPod touch and started using it when traveling, just so my phone battery would be all good. Then I got a car charger...solved the issue. I'd say save your money, buy a car charger and use your phone. If you have the 16 Gb phone though you may run into some issues with storage but that's only if you must have 1000+ songs on it...:D

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a 64 Gb iPhone4s, it's also my iPod...the battery was an issue and I have to admit I found my old iPod touch and started using it when traveling, just so my phone battery would be all good. Then I got a car charger...solved the issue. I'd say save your money, buy a car charger and use your phone. If you have the 16 Gb phone though you may run into some issues with storage but that's only if you must have 1000+ songs on it...:D

Can I have some of your music lol

Sent from neur0tk's iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
last ipod i used.... was the ipod video 5th gen.

Now, my iphone + motorola s9 headset for running/gym... and Blackberry Stereo Gateway for the car means i dont have to connect anything when I get into the car. The 4s can connect to 3 different devices through BT (Car for Handsfree profile, BB Gateway for A2DP, and iPad 2 for DUN) all at the same time.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I use my iPhone exclusively. I don't even own an iPod anymore. I stream Pandora in the car and when I'm at home I like to listen to my own music collection (I save my "favorites" playlist for when I do housework to make it more tolerable!;)). I don't find that playing music drains the battery so much but at home I like to use bluetooth headphones and that sucks the battery quite a bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR