Resellers buying up iPhone 4S unlocked...

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
So this is frustrating. I was hanging out with a buddy and a friend of his today and we were chatting. The guy who I dont know that much works at the Apple store here in Portland and as I mentioned that I have been calling daily to track down the iPhone 4S in unlocked form, he said that all the stores in the Portland area (and other areas from what he understands too) are being targeted by resellers who showing up very early in the AM and also in the evening and are buying as many stock in the unlocked version as possible and then are shipping them out. :mad:

Apparently there is an internal memo going around regarding this problem. This sounds really familiar too.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Most Apple stores are still enforcing the restriction of two phones to a customer in one day, so just go when the store opens and you should have no trouble getting a phone

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple will ship, for free, from their website with two weeks of your order being placed. Just order online and skip the Apple Store. No waiting to find out they are out of stock.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes, my local CL is full of the unlocked versions. They are selling the 16GB for 800 bucks. As someone mentioned a few comments up, Apple is still only allowing 2 per person. However he says that these guys show up in big groups. Really sucks.

Either way I ended up doing what Tim said and ordered online. Only negative is the ship time is 1-2 weeks.

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
1-2 weeks isn't terrible! But feel you! Totally off topic but I was online the minute big time rush tickets went on sale I tried to order but they were already sold out because "members". Of the vendors are allowed to purchase a day early. I go on CL and they are selling 25 dollar tickets for 100 bucks!!!!!!! I was heartbroken it was supposed to be the surprise of the century for my almost 7 year old :(. I hate money hungry people :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2