Could I risk without a screen protector

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i would think it depends on how you treat your phone

if you keep it in your pocket and what else you would put in your pocket with it is a big factor

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I completely disagree with the your are going to have a scratch without a protector for the screen. Yes it's easy to get them but if your careful enough you can go without getting them. Most people aren't but it's easily possible. Ive had my iPad two for about 7 months, only a smart cover on it and no scratches. I personally hate the plastic feeling of the protectors over the amazing glass feeling. But if your worried get them? Because with an invisishield or another brand most of the time you won't get a scratch.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

pecker115

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i personally use protectors front and back, i work in demolition so dusty environment etc and considering i'm on a 2 yr contract 1 wanna keep my 4s as good as possible

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I really think it depends on the person. I'm extremely careful with anything I purchase and make it a practice to not have MY devices in anyone's hands but my own so I'm screen protector less with my Magpul Field Case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
May I ask for any of these recommended skins if they ship to the UK. I'm in England and most of them mention US stores.

I want to stay away from Zagg, as if the BSE was a failure I don't want to go for a more expensive wet-application to get the same results... Orange Peel and dust.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have anti-glare screen protectors front and back. Besides protecting the screen, they really cut down on dirt and finger prints. I don't have to clean it like a bare naked screen. Mine are some el cheapo protectors from eBay, but they work great.
:D

cmrngetty

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My recently replaced iPhone 4 is in my Otterbox Defender until I can purchase an anti-glare screen protector. I'm trying to keep it mint.

bruceatk

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Everone that has told me they didn't have a scratch and then let me look at their phone, has had a scratch on it. It is amazing what people don't see. I always use screen protectors.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I swear by them, practice what I preach, etc. Have a Defender on the iPhone, and a Bulletproof on the iPad.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I use zagg on my iPad and iPhones i don't take any chances with my daughter lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

buttonstc

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
@Possession

You asked about US stores shipping to UK but I'm curious as to why you would go to all that bother. Don't the phone carrier stores in the UK carry screen protectors as well as other peripherals?

Hopefully they also have a friendly salesman willing to put it on to help you out?

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
As stated early on, it's a matter of personal preference. If you want to prevent scratches then use one. Being careful can help to mitigate possible scratches but it's not a guarantee. Do what works for you.

bruceatk

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
It's worth it to also get one of decent quality. The one I have on my iPod Touch came with the case is almost 3 years old and is in near perfect condition. I have a Droid X and I have a Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector on it and it has lasted over a year without picking up any scratches. Today I was looking at my daughter's iPod Touch and here screen protector is a mess and it's only a few months old. The one she used was 3 for $4.99. Pay a little more and get a good one.

Tomorrow I will be picking up an iPhone 4S and I need to decide which screen protector to get. Unless I find I better one I'll be getting the Steinheil.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hate screen protectors...makes the screen feel odd and of the ones I've used in the past, it really did nothing for actually protecting it from anything outside of fingerprints.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
i think the 4 and 4s both have gorilla screen. Screen protector just reduces the visibility and quality of screen. I didnt use it with 4 and none with 4s, but am very careful with it just in case.

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I use the cheapest ones I can find on Ebay. Usually like 6 front and backs for like $5. I've never had any problems. I am very careful and near perfect getting them on. If I get one bubble I take it off and apply another. Have had mine since launch me and my husband and no need to take it off due to cases etc. Plenty of extras if need be.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I use a Zagg. I don't see the downside. Screen looks great and I only keep it at about 50% brightness.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2