Better quality sending pictures through email or text?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Somebody told me that when you take a picture on your phone the picture quality comes out better when you email the person the pic rather than text them it. Does anyone know anything about this at all?

NateStone85

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
+3. MMS will compress the image to make a smaller file size to send over the network. If you attach it to an email, it will give you the option to compress, or to leave it as it's original size. I'm not into the tech specs per se, but I believe there is a file size limitation on the MMS standard.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
MMS has never worked for me on my iPhone 4S so I always email. I have been doing it so much that I actually prefer the email method anyway. If you're sending it to an iPhone user chances are they have that email account setup on their iPhone anyway so it's basically the same AND they get a better pic.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So when do you notice the picture quality the most when you send them as a mms vs email? When you print it out?

That or if you try to view it on a large screen it will look pixelated and blurry if you stretch it out on the screen. If you just view it on your iPhone you likely will not notice that it has been compressed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods