How many seconds does it take your phone

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
to ring when you push call after dialing a number.

So you dial a number, push call, and hold it to your head. How long from when you hit call to the first ring?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok...crap. So then this is NOT fixed. *Cries a little*

They're connecting, but it takes around 5 seconds up to 15 seconds. To call my house takes on average 12. I am IN my house.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok...crap. So then this is NOT fixed. *Cries a little*

They're connecting, but it takes around 5 seconds up to 15 seconds. To call my house takes on average 12. I am IN my house.

:( oh noooo. Well I just did 4 test calls to 4 different places. 2 of them took 3 seconds to hear the ring, 1 took about 1 to 2 seconds to hear the ring and the other took almost 5 seconds.

yea, 12 seconds is long :( but at least they're connecting for you at this point.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea they are. This behavior started Tuesday. So clearly something is wrong still and I don't know what. It's beyond frustrating.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if that's a phone issue so much as a network issue (maybe yours, maybe that of the person you're calling). Have you checked to see if there is service work being done in your area?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, none is happening.

I just spent 10 minutes calling with the other account sim card just to test it, and on average again 9 seconds. I am wondering now if my account/number is seriously so whacked out that it's frying the phone that the SIM goes in. I am at the point of giving up.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Obviously people who did not grow up with rotary phones.

Trust me my friends, those few seconds you have to wait are no big deal. If you have something better you need to do you should just be doing it.

natefish

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it sounds like a phone issue. I would restore and see if anything improves. If not, take it to a store.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If the issue is the network (and not the phone) then yes it would. That's what I've been trying to say.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd say get with AT&T and open a new account with a new number and see I'd that solves it and then port your number over if it does, I've heard of similar circumstances and AT&T allowing this to get out the kicks for whatever issue

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Obviously people who did not grow up with rotary phones.

Trust me my friends, those few seconds you have to wait are no big deal. If you have something better you need to do you should just be doing it.

And you dreaded calling someone with the higher digits in their number....

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
By the way, you're not the same ame that developed the Element plugin for Lockinfo, by any chance?
Nope.

I'd say get with AT&T and open a new account with a new number and see I'd that solves it and then port your number over if it does, I've heard of similar circumstances and AT&T allowing this to get out the kicks for whatever issue
Short of porting the number, we've done the new account and number. No difference.

NateStone85

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I think this is probably mostly network based. Even when the phone starts ringing on my end, it doesn't necessarily mean it's ringing on the other. When I'm on a decent 3g connection, it's within a couple of seconds, but when I'm on the extended network calling from my house, it can take significantly longer.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

christyr143

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
I tried to call my husband earlier (who was sitting next to me in our house) and it took a good 15 seconds to connect. It does that from time to time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2