sprint iphone 4s

ivango711

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Had a question for sprint iPhone 4s users. Ive had at&t for over 10 yrs and want to switch to sprint cause every time I reach 2g, they slow my speeds. (I stream a bit, but don't get wifi everywhere)..Ive heard that sprint doesn't do that, but wanted to know if their speeds have improved as i know that they were a problem when iPhone 4s first came out with sprint, thanks..

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
sprint user for the 6 years. no complaints what so ever. here in miami my 3G speed on the iphone4s is fine. i did notice after 5.0.1 update speed got better and what not. my speed is better now. ive had this phone since launch day october 14. i was happy with my 3G on my previous blackberry devices im happy with my iphone4s 3G too. FYI...i use wifi all the time in my house and my business office...so the 3G speeds dont really worry me...but im very content.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Had a question for sprint iPhone 4s users. Ive had at&t for over 10 yrs and want to switch to sprint cause every time I reach 2g, they slow my speeds. (I stream a bit, but don't get wifi everywhere)..Ive heard that sprint doesn't do that, but wanted to know if their speeds have improved as i know that they were a problem when iPhone 4s first came out with sprint, thanks..

That's odd. I've used up to 7 gigs in a month and have no speed slowdowns on AT&T.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
not an iphone user but i have a blackberry and i stream pandora and nobex radio and run up about 6-8 gigs a month and never does it slow down on sprint.

sprint is the #3 provider for a reason, they dont have as large of a footprint as att by a longshot whe it comes to data.

go to the sprint site and look up the coverage in your area, dont be fooled by the 3g map when it is zoomed out on the whole country, zoom in on where you live, work and travel and make sure your covered. the 3g coverage drastically changes when you zoom in as opposed to the zoomed out on the whole country.

sbalchand

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

You need to check sprint's data speed locally to get a good idea.
For me in chicagoland, my coverage is excellent where I live but spotty where I work.
If not for wifi, I wouldn't be able to use data at my work at all.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I know where I am in upstate NY (Albany area), the date speeds with sprint are just about the same as Verizons. My father has the Sprint 4S, and I have the Verizon 4S, and we did speed tests right next to each other, and they both came out about the same. The Verizon was a little faster, but not by much. Either way, they give you time to try it out. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't work for you, go back to ATT.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I know where I am in upstate NY (Albany area), the date speeds with sprint are just about the same as Verizons. My father has the Sprint 4S, and I have the Verizon 4S, and we did speed tests right next to each other, and they both came out about the same. The Verizon was a little faster, but not by much. Either way, they give you time to try it out. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't work for you, go back to ATT.

and then you downgraded to a 4 because you were a theme freak :p lol

love the flipclock tho man, haha

Reactions: E_Brown

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
and then you downgraded to a 4 because you were a theme freak :p lol

love the flipclock tho man, haha

Haha I did. That was the main reason I went back to it. I love that flip clock. And I was sick of the white phone. After reading pod2G's blog showing that he is pretty much there with the untethered JB, I'm going to go back to the 4S tonight. I really hate not having Siri. It works so well.

ivango711

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all for your help.. I started to receive texts from AT&T warning that I'm reaching 2gig ( I have unlimited), when I reach 2gig, I receive another text saying my speeds have been slowed down.. I live in Yonkers, NY..

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for your help.. I started to receive texts from AT&T warning that I'm reaching 2gig ( I have unlimited), when I reach 2gig, I receive another text saying my speeds have been slowed down.. I live in Yonkers, NY..

I read on another forum that someone with unlimited was getting throttled at 10gb. 2gb is weird for ATT to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2