Ringtone trimmer app?

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
One thing I like about my HTC Incredible is that I can take any song on my phone, trim it and save it to my ringtone folder to use. I got one for the iPhone that does that, but in order to save it on the phone I've got to wire it to iTunes, transfer the app over there, find the RTs, transfer them to music, and the phone. It's a mess. Is there any app for iPhone that works like the Android? That RT trimming app is actually a menu option in the music application.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I use Ringtonium. Works perfect. Trim it to what I want, e-mail it to myself and just drop it into iTunes to
sync. It already does the coding job for you so you don't have to worry about changing anything. Keep in
mind that with any ringtone maker you're going to have to send it to yourself and sync it from itunes anyway.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use Ringtonium. Works perfect. Trim it to what I want, e-mail it to myself and just drop it into iTunes to
sync. It already does the coding job for you so you don't have to worry about changing anything. Keep in
mind that with any ringtone maker you're going to have to send it to yourself and sync it from itunes anyway.
Thanks. I already figured that I'd have to synch it. With Ringtonium you emial the file to yourself, then can you open it on the phone and put it in the phone's iTunes without using a computer? I was unclear on that.

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
no, you MUST use itunes to put it on the phone. I use Audaicty (Beta 1.3) - trim, save as .m4a - change the ext to m4r then sync with itunes.

it sucks... on my BB i could use anything as a ringtone, and mms/email them to friends.. apple seems to think they they are preventing musci theft by restricting this. I think they are delusional.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I thing the fact you have to use a computer to do custom ringtones is pretty limp, but I sort of understand it from a corporate standpoint. But android and BB let you do it. Apple can't make jack on the $1.29 RTs they pimp on iTunes. And you can't use a free app like Zedge to get free ringtones either I bet (can you?). Those are hilarious.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I thing the fact you have to use a computer to do custom ringtones is pretty limp, but I sort of understand it from a corporate standpoint. But android and BB let you do it. Apple can't make jack on the $1.29 RTs they pimp on iTunes. And you can't use a free app like Zedge to get free ringtones either I bet (can you?). Those are hilarious.

The reason you can't just save it on the phone is the iPhone doesn't have a regular storage system I'm sure there is no API available to developers to save directly to ringtones android has a standard folder iPhone isn't a folder

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
no, you MUST use itunes to put it on the phone. I use Audaicty (Beta 1.3) - trim, save as .m4a - change the ext to m4r then sync with itunes.

it sucks... on my BB i could use anything as a ringtone, and mms/email them to friends.. apple seems to think they they are preventing musci theft by restricting this. I think they are delusional.

A second for Audacity. You can tri wahtever part you want, increase/decrease the volume, etc., etc. although it is a pain to have to do it through a computer, it is only a one time pain to get a cool ringtone.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You can use whatever you want on your iPhone. You can even use iTunes to trim your soungs or audio files and then sync them (create AAC version, rename to m4r, and import the m4r first, IIRC) to your device. Google for details/to confirm. I don't have a link handy but I've used this process myself to transition over ringtones that I was using on my Android device and BB prior to that.

30 second limit for ringtones. You can use them for notifications and alarms as well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73