Iphone 4S auto shut-off

Mira

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Today I left my BB and got my Iphone 4S. Can I program the Iphone to turn off and turn back on ( My BB was programmed to turn off at 11 pm and turn back on at 7 am)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Short answer No. Long answer no. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Today I left my BB and got my Iphone 4S. Can I program the Iphone to turn off and turn back on ( My BB was programmed to turn off at 11 pm and turn back on at 7 am)

Mira, I also came from a bb as well and use to use this function on it as well. Off at 10pm back on at 615am.

When I moved to the iPhone in Nov., I adapted to not having this function right off the bat. What I do is turn the switch on the side to have everything just vibe at night, but in the morning my alarm will still sound off:)

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Mira, I also came from a bb as well and use to use this function on it as well. Off at 10pm back on at 615am.

When I moved to the iPhone in Nov., I adapted to not having this function right off the bat. What I do is turn the switch on the side to have everything just vibe at night, but in the morning my alarm will still sound off:)

I just use Airplane mode at night. Works for me.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

this is the same thing I did when switching from a bb.. The difference is a blackberry is really always partially on where iPhones actually turn all the way off.. blackeberrys will only fully power off if you remove the battery.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just use Airplane mode at night. Works for me.

I've never tried using that--maybe one of these days i will.

this is the same thing I did when switching from a bb.. The difference is a blackberry is really always partially on where iPhones actually turn all the way off.. blackeberrys will only fully power off if you remove the battery.

:)yea i know--thats one thing i hated about bb. I had to create diff profiles for diff situations. And within those profiles a ringtone or silence/vibe had to be chosen for EACH thing, text/sms, email, etc.--what a pain in the arse !! lol.

I know some peoples main complaints about leaving bb to an iphone are the lack of profiles......not me-i'm just the opposite!! i'm happy to not have to fuss with setting up diff profiles. Iphone--either have all ringers on or flip a switch and have all vibe;) easy peasy, works for me:)

As for the 'completely off' thing, yea, at least i know when i turn my iphone off, its truly off. LOL No battery pull/removal needed:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711