Should I wait?

Should I stay or should I go?

• Keep The iPhone 4 and wait for the 5...

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Get the 4s Now!!!!!

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So I was on verizon's site today and saw that I qualify for "discounted pricing" and can get the new iPhone 4S at 2yr pricing. I currently have a 16gb iPhone 4 and could sell the iPhone 4 for $300 locally on craigslist which would pay for the 32gb iPhone 4s.
My question is what would you do? Currently, my contract is up 7/12 which would put me due for an upgrade around the time that the 5 is allegedly going to come out. Should I hang on to my 16gb 4, or take the plunge w/ the 4s now and deal w/ not getting the 5 until a while after it comes out...

candy84

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
if you can do without the extra featurs of the 4s then wait...
if you were coming from say a 3g or 3gs, then for sure I would say to upgrade.
But with a 4, if you can wait, I would

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Only other thing to consider is my wife has been planning on getting an iPhone 4 off craigslist just after xmas so I could just use that money I was planning on spending on an iPhone 4 and get the 4s for me and give her my 4...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is if you keep waiting for the next phone you will never get an upgrade. The countless years I have been on phone forums and this question comes up and the people wait and wait and never get a new phone. I say do it the 4s is an amazing phone. During the time of owning a phone 70 other phones come out that may or may not be better then the one you have. Thats the way technology works.. Give the wife the 4 get the 4s and enjoy the phones.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is if you keep waiting for the next phone you will never get an upgrade. The countless years I have been on phone forums and this question comes up and the people wait and wait and never get a new phone. I say do it the 4s is an amazing phone. During the time of owning a phone 70 other phones come out that may or may not be better then the one you have. Thats the way technology works.. Give the wife the 4 get the 4s and enjoy the phones.

:)very well put there noaim !! ^^i agree;):) OP, go for the 4S & enjoy, its an amazing phone:D

Ip.fanboy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing since the 4s came out. I was using the iphone 4, black, 16gb and i could make the upgrade to the 4s on dec 11th. I DONT REGRET ABOUT THIS CHANGE AT ALL. Here im gonna tell u why i dont regret it.

1. It has better reception, when i say better! IT IS BETTER
2. The camera is awesome. I noticed the difference bc i love to take a lot of pictures. the flash has been improved.
3. It is way so fast! I love it and u can notice the diference very easy. U ll love using multitasking.
4. The speaker is better, it is louder.
5. I can notice a little improvement in the screen quality.
6. I got it in white and 32 gb. So now i have more gbs and thanks god the white color is making me feel having a completely new phone so im loving it
7. Siri is very useful, at least for me! I use her while im driving to send text msgs. If u are bored u can play with it, she is so funny sometimes.

In general im loving my phone. So i assume u gonna love it too. When the iphone 5 or 6 comes out, ill sell the 4s for 400 or 500 on ebay, put the rest of the money if is needed and get the new one. Thats easy.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Since you have a 4, I would say wait. However, it could be a year before the next iPhone hits the shelves, so it depends on how anxious you are.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, talked to the wife and am going to go for the 4s. She is good w/ getting my 16gb 4 that I have and she is also due for an upgrade this summer, so she can always get the newer one this summer when she has her upgrade. Ordered her a barely there case today w/ the low price on TiPB and am going to get my 4s after xmas. Can't wait. For you 4s users, I was going to order an ultra crystal screen protector for it, but saw that they have different ones for the 4 and 4s, I was planning on putting a new one on the 4 and the other one on the 4s, are they really that different or could I get the one for the 4s and put one of the two on the 4?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally, knowing myself, bought the 4S and will buy the 5 off contract.
Thats just the way i work. They way i have always worked. Always have the latest and greatest.
BUT if i had the power i would have waited for the 5.

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thats just the way i work. They way i have always worked. Always have the latest and greatest.

Same story here. I might use the 4S as down payment toward my iPhone 5

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm the same way release day there I am .. I have no will power to stay away .. I always have one of my lines that have a upgrade so a new phone a year is how I go .

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
So I was on verizon's site today and saw that I qualify for "discounted pricing" and can get the new iPhone 4S at 2yr pricing. I currently have a 16gb iPhone 4 and could sell the iPhone 4 for $300 locally on craigslist which would pay for the 32gb iPhone 4s.
My question is what would you do? Currently, my contract is up 7/12 which would put me due for an upgrade around the time that the 5 is allegedly going to come out. Should I hang on to my 16gb 4, or take the plunge w/ the 4s now and deal w/ not getting the 5 until a while after it comes out...

Personally I don't bother getting iPhone's off my network provider on a contract. I prefer to buy my iPhone direct from Apple, sell my old iPhone and recoup a large amount of the cost of my new iPhone. This also gives me more freedom to get the new iPhone when it comes out, without having to worry about when my contract would finish or when I would be eligible for an upgrade, basically I can upgrade when I want.

Doing the above allows me to go onto a cheaper sim only deal/plan and this saves me money every month, due to not having to pay out for a more expensive tariff due to it subsidising the iPhone the network provider would have supplied.

Personally, I would get the 4S, because if you get the next iPhone (that's if it comes out July 2012), you would get more money when you come to sell your 4S than you would for the iPhone 4, has the iPhone 4 would be 2 generation's old at that point. Plus you would have had 7-8 months (maybe more) of use out of the 4S.

Last edited:
Reactions: EpicInUtah

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the 4s, but I was coming from a Palm Pre, not a iPhone 4. (Pre was awesome, but the lack of app support got old).

jpdaballa

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i think if you want the better camera, siri, and faster processor go for it,

but if your happy with the iphone 4 and can wait it out another 6-10 months wait for the 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods