Where Does Your Phone Sleep?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to charge mine in another room because friends always send me text and crazy times at night and wake me up.

suggestion dave, why don't you put the vibe switch on? :)

if you use your phone for an alaram clock, that will still go off but all other alerts will just vibe. It never wakes me up in that option.

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have to check out this sleep cycle app - but I'm a little wary of keeping it under my pillow. I move around and readjust my pillow alot through the night - I would cry if I accidently pushed my phone off the bed or rolled on top of it. lol

jdavis22

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Its under my pillow and text sounds are turned off so they don't wake me up for silly things. I'm a light sleeper & the vibe wakes me up so the vibe switch is useless for me at night :D

Last edited:

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
On the nightstand next to my head, or occasionally in my hand LOL!!! But always plugged in when I'm in bed. I've been using my phone as an alarm since my OTR days, so it doesn't seem odd to me at all to have it near me when I'm sleeping.
I do wish that the iPhone had more options similar to BlackBerry for bedside use. Like having a phone calls only profile, auto on and off, and automatically waking the phone for the alarm.
I think I'm going to start looking at jail breaking :D

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
i charge mine every night and its always on my nightstand. i don't ever turn it off at night, in case my kids need to get ahold of me (both away at college in two diff states)

I also miss the bedside options from being a past bb user.

question - I have an ihome clock/docking station, but i don't use it to dock my iPhone, because while the phone is in the dock, the sounds are silenced. I have read here in the forums that others have said the same thing. is there a certain brand dock that does not silence the phone? i need to be able to hear text messages at night! so for now, the clock acts as my alarm, but my phone is charging next to it
Has anyone found a docking station that doesn't silence your iPhone?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Maxiang and jobosumm;

I miss the custom sound and email profiles too. But for now I use the "Silence" ringtone as my main ringtone for when I want to only receive calls or texts from certain people or for emergency calls (only contacts assigned a custom tone will ring). Takes some adjusting but it works...for now. ;)

Last edited:

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was recently laughed at for sleeping with my iPhone 4s next to my bed at night. Since having my first smart phone I have always plugged it in next to my bed and left the phone charging overnight next to my side of the bed.

I'm curious...where do most people leave their phones at night? Do you charge your phone overnight?

Odd that someone would laugh at you for this. Mine is on the nightstand next to me, and it's my alarm clock.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is also always on the stand next to my bed, I just flip the mute switch, since my family can never remember the time difference.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Amo

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not alone. Funny thing is my sister admitted her phone charges by her bed right after laughing at me, but blamed it on her being on call for work...whatever.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox