Just went into the apple store to replace my 4s for heating and battery draining issues. I have tried setting up my email and while 3 of my 4 emails are synced to my iphone all except for my PRIMARY email account. Everytime i try to set it up it says that the password or email address is incorrect, i thought i messed up typing it in but i didnt. I can log on directly from gmail.com but it wont let me log in or even have it configured to my iphone. ive powered off the phone tried it again, ive deleted the account and started from scratch. it still just wont let me...any helps tips or suggestions?! I'm new to this side leaving the android community
- 12-10-2011, 12:22 AM #2
I was setting it up under the actual gmail suite. its weird i just downloaded the gmail app to see if it worked there. It did, so there's something wrong with the email app for me on my primary gmail account for some reason. it synced all my secondary accounts, thats a bummer. I did it no differently than the other accounts it says
Last edited by chronictacos; 12-10-2011 at 08:24 PM.
- 12-10-2011, 12:53 AM #4
- 12-10-2011, 01:43 AM #6
verwon's post should work, most of the time. From the iPhone you're using to access your Gmail IMAP account:
1) Visit this link from your iPhone: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
2) Enter your name, Gmail password, and the supplied Captcha phrase (the string of nonsense letters provided on the page).
The first thing to check is that you’re using the correct username. Sounds like you've done that.
If you still have problems, Google may have “locked” your account - for any of the following reasons:
1) Your password has been entered incorrectly multiple times
2) Your mail client is configured to check for emails too often or
3) Your password isn’t strong enough.
I've had a couple of employees check their email account from a few browsers while they're on the road, then use their iPhones only to find out they're locked out of their own account. I'd call our Google Apps support only to find out the accounts had too many devices accessing their accounts so they were locked out. A captcha (Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart - knowing that's won me a few drinks but I won't admit it in public...) fixed it.
- 12-10-2011, 01:45 AM #7
- 12-11-2011, 04:40 PM #9