Iphone 4s push notifications issues

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with getting Facebook, mail, twitter... pushing notifications. Ihave done a full restore of everything and i have made sure all the settings are correct and i am still not getting notifications. would be nice to know if anyone else is having this problem or have found a fix thank you in advance.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine have been fine for all of those. Every once in awhile FB can get spotty but most times they are good.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it could be a hardware issue, IF the settings are correct, I'd set up a genius bar appt and find out

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
push notifications not working im guessing is a software problem they should replace it for you anyway though..

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Are they not working at all,or just slow? I have noticed that gmail takes forever to push through using the regular mail server. My Mac receives the mail, and about 10 minutes later it comes through on my phone. I notice the gmail app was quicker on the draw. I may have to revert to that.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Push did not work for gmail until I set it up as exchange instead gmail on the iPhone. Try this?
How do you do this? I tried to enter Gmail info into the Exchange account info, and it won't verify.

I am having a LOT of issues today with Facebook and Gmail. Facebook sits on "updating" when I pull to refresh, and has been doing this all day. Notifications are slow to come through if they alert at all. Gmail is about 5 minutes in lag from receiving on my Mac to the time the Iphone rings it in. Not a big deal, but a little annoying.

UPDATE: resolved! Thanks to the previous poster, I found the process (can't post a link here because I have a low post count) to get gmail to push almost instantly. You have to set up the email using the Microsoft Exchange account, and use "m.google.com" for the SERVER field. Also use your full gmail for the username and email address fields. The procedure is located in "Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device" on Google's mobile site. THANKS!!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I restored my phone as new not from a back up. I did make a genius bar appt and they noticed my lock button was a little soft so they just replaced my whole phone :) my pone works great then I noticed I hav a software update and it's ios5 not sure if I want to updat to it or not it just pissed me off that mos o my push notifications on most of my apps would actually push. Yes I know it's not that hard to manually do it but I like the feature Im gonna do it because I have a iPhone 4s and I want this so called battery fix. well I guess I'll let you know how it works. I'm pretty sure it's a iOS issue I hope now that steve is gone this does not become a trend.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem with a badge on the Facebook icon showing "1" for a friend request. There is no friend request, and I cannot remove or clear the notification badge. This has been occuring since yesterday, and I've tried everything, incl. deleting the app and reinmstalling.

Any suggestins?

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah i would reset the phone and make sure that when you reinstall FB app that its not from a back up or try logging out of FB and then checking it on a cpu and getting it to go away there and then reinstall FB to the phone and then log in and then see what happens. i have notices that FB mobile with do that sometimes if someone takes back the friend request after it hits you phone it will still show that there is one there but there isnt because the person took it away before you could reply to it. that FB app sucks its very finicky!!!

Reactions: djg21

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Tried it all.

But the notification is still there. I put in a support request. I'll see what FB suggests.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR