Phone ever act slow to respond?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I heard hard resets are bad for the phone. Isnt it better to just turn the phone off and on? Is this occurrence common sometimes in iPhones cause they are like computers?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
That's a soft reset ... A hard reset would be wiping the data off the phone and if you unnecessarily hard reset a device I could see it being bad but not otherwise

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
running many apps in background may slow you down. ive had the 4S since launch day and it has never acted slow on me. ive only had to soft reset it twice. i close my apps all the time.

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
running many apps in background may slow you down. ive had the 4S since launch day and it has never acted slow on me. ive only had to soft reset it twice. i close my apps all the time.

Do you actually need to close the apps for performance reasons or it just because you are used to needing to do it with BlackBerry (l looked at your sig)? Not a flame...just curious :)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You really dont need to close the apps in the background. I've had more then 40 in the task manager. Most really just go into a suspended state. But if you're running slow, that's the first thing you should try. Then soft reset. And for the person who said turn the phone off and back on, that really doesn't do anything for your phone as far as resetting it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you actually need to close the apps for performance reasons or it just because you are used to needing to do it with BlackBerry (l looked at your sig)? Not a flame...just curious :)

Just used to doing that and prefer it like that. I only really use 2-3 apps at a time. So closing them completely isn't really time consuming for me LOL. In any case in very satisfied in performance/battery/work related experience/overall with this 4S. Glad I made the switch.

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just used to doing that and prefer it like that. I only really use 2-3 apps at a time. So closing them completely isn't really time consuming for me LOL. In any case in very satisfied in performance/battery/work related experience/overall with this 4S. Glad I made the switch.

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of people say it's not necessary to close the apps running in the background and I honestly don't see a difference in phone performance when I have a lot open, but out of habit I go in and close apps I'm not using two or three times a day.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people say it's not necessary to close the apps running in the background and I honestly don't see a difference in phone performance when I have a lot open, but out of habit I go in and close apps I'm not using two or three times a day.

I agree too but if there's ever a slow or crash issue that's the first thing that will be asked at the genius bar lol been there once or twice ;) lol

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You really dont need to close the apps in the background. I've had more then 40 in the task manager. Most really just go into a suspended state. But if you're running slow, that's the first thing you should try. Then soft reset. And for the person who said turn the phone off and back on, that really doesn't do anything for your phone as far as resetting it.

I would usually do a soft reset first. I've never had to go through and close a lot of apps. Mainly because they're not open. But iOS manages it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I actually had something really really strange happen to me on Monday. I was home, and i'm always hooked to wifi home, and then when i leave out of range, my phone jumps to 3G. I rec'd an email right before walking out the door. I fig'd i'll check it at my next stop. Arrived at my destination, parked and grabbed my 4S out of my bag. clicked home button, slid to unlock and then tapped my mail icon to read my email. Well, the icon literally stayed lite blue for a good 5 seconds before finally going into my email. From there, i clicked on the acct i wanted, and the 'acct name part' of it stayed lit up blue for a few moments again. When it finally decided to open to the actually email list, it did it soooo slow. it was like the screen was moving in slo-mo. I tried to open the email and it froze again. At this point, i decided, let me just back out to the home screen and then go back into the email. Well, no dice. the screen froze completely. it wouldnt respond. i had to do a reboot (hold top button with home button till seeing the apple & then let go)

So my phone rebooted, i was then able to access the email no prob. I know for a fact i did not have alot of apps open, maybe just my phone calls and text msgs. it was really strange, but since then nothing happened like that again. I did ck my diags log, and it shows a LatestCrash.plist for MobileMail on the day of 11.29 with the time it happened and all sorts of codes etc. although i DO NOT send my diags&use to Apple.

since then, knock wood, nothing else is listed TG !!

So, yes, i've experienced the 'slo-mo' screen. If this happens again(hopefully wont!), i will call Apple about it being i do have AC+ :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2