Storage Question for New iPhone User

PALKO

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am getting ready to purchase an iPhone 4s, and am trying to determine whether to go with 16, 32, or 64GB. I currently use an iPad and iPod as well. When I purchase songs or movies from iTunes, does this consume part of the memory on the iPhone? When I download music from a CD I have to my iTunes, does this use memory on the iPhone? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I am getting ready to purchase an iPhone 4s, and am trying to determine whether to go with 16, 32, or 64GB. I currently use an iPad and iPod as well. When I purchase songs or movies from iTunes, does this consume part of the memory on the iPhone? When I download music from a CD I have to my iTunes, does this use memory on the iPhone? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Short answer is yes. It's the same as your other iOS devices, it all depends on how you manage your media. Also take into account how much memory you will be using with the camera and video camera. I have the 32gb model and this is how my memory looks now without really using the video camera:

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My advice is at least get a 32GB and if you can opt for the 64... Do it... Bigger is better and the resale value will be astonishing

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
it all matters what you choose to sync to the device.. those things can take up memory if you sync them.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree with Cleveland go with at least a 32gb one. If you can afford it, go with a 64gb. I was always running out of space on 32gb iphone and couldn't store too many videos after loading 25gb of music.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
While both your posts are very valid not everyone needs a 64gb model I know a couple people that dont even fill there 16gb its different for each user th real question is what is the op looking to put on his phone..

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am getting ready to purchase an iPhone 4s, and am trying to determine whether to go with 16, 32, or 64GB.
How much space does your music currently use? Do you anticipate it growing? Are you going to sync all of it with your device? Keep in mind that apps, videos, photos etc also all use memory.

When I purchase songs or movies from iTunes, does this consume part of the memory on the iPhone? When I download music from a CD I have to my iTunes, does this use memory on the iPhone?
If you sync it to the device, yes. All content uses memory. You don't get something for nothing.