- 12-15-2011, 03:50 PM #151
I've got inside scoop that Santa is bringing me the beige python wristlet MK one where the phone actually goes into it and snaps shut, not the wallet version you have. I'll use it for when I go out and don't want to carry my handbag but need a credit/debit card and a dl license.
Last edited by Pink; 12-15-2011 at 06:29 PM.
- 12-15-2011, 04:02 PM #152
- 12-15-2011, 04:11 PM #153
- 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM #155
- 12-15-2011, 06:28 PM #156
- 12-19-2011, 07:13 PM #159
- 12-20-2011, 04:20 AM #160
Thanks to the Pimping my 4S thread, I was able to find a black back glass assembly and pentalobe screwdriver (for the 4S's special screws) at United iPhone Repair which arrived today. Super fast shipping! The back glass plate was only $19.20 and the screwdriver was around $10. The backs come in different colors! They sell lots of goodies for the iPhone as well as different color front panels as well as replacement batteries.
My husband and I changed the back glass ourselves in a couple of minutes (most of that time was spent looking for a dropped screw!) and the whole deal was under $35 - much better than having to get a replacement phone from Apple!
Here's the link
- 12-20-2011, 04:41 AM #161
- 12-20-2011, 06:42 AM #162
- 12-20-2011, 06:53 AM #163
- 12-20-2011, 11:40 AM #164
- 12-20-2011, 11:45 AM #165
Last edited by LVMHgirl; 12-20-2011 at 11:47 AM.
- 12-20-2011, 12:44 PM #166
I think back to how many times i changed out the trackball in my 8330 to change colors of it, and i was told its even easier to swap the back out than doing that. SO, idk, MAYBE one of these days i'll get brave and attempt. But for now, i'll leave well enough alone
The Apple shop thats here by us charges $30 to swap out the back(if i rem correctly) and i think the front is $150 like you said.
- 12-20-2011, 12:56 PM #167
- 12-20-2011, 01:00 PM #168
- 12-20-2011, 01:04 PM #169
- 12-20-2011, 01:26 PM #170
Last edited by LVMHgirl; 12-20-2011 at 01:34 PM.
- 12-20-2011, 01:32 PM #171
And I promise, this is a million times easier than swapping out the trackball on a BB!
Last edited by LVMHgirl; 12-20-2011 at 01:39 PM.
- 12-20-2011, 01:51 PM #172
- 12-20-2011, 02:44 PM #173
heres the link to the vid--it was literally the first one i clicked on
- 12-20-2011, 02:47 PM #174
I actually took mine off for about an hour today while sitting at the table having lunch & boy did that feel weird using it naked !! Well, as soon as lunch was done--i covered that baby right back up all snuggly warm in her little ob defender case lol.
- 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM #175