How To Totally Wipe Out an Ipods Info?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
sorry this might not be the right section for this but i was wondering if anyone could help me with this. i am trying to give my ipod to someone and i want to totally wipe it out and get rid of all my info,music and my name thats on the ipod when you plug it in and put it back to factory settings. then i want to plug it back in and put just my apps i have on my computer from my iphone onto the ipod and i wanna make sure that when they plug it into their comp they can name it however they want and load all their music on there and use my apps i put on there for them. anyone know how to do this?thanks

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
sorry this might not be the right section for this but i was wondering if anyone could help me with this. i am trying to give my ipod to someone and i want to totally wipe it out and get rid of all my info,music and my name thats on the ipod when you plug it in and put it back to factory settings. then i want to plug it back in and put just my apps i have on my computer from my iphone onto the ipod and i wanna make sure that when they plug it into their comp they can name it however they want and load all their music on there and use my apps i put on there for them. anyone know how to do this?thanks

you cant do what you want... you can delete everything but applications are drm protected to an itunes account.. if he takes it with your applications and syncs it to his computer its just going to delete the applications without your itunes account info.

to delete the ipod go to settings>reset>erase all content and settings.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so i cannot give him my ipod as is with my apps on there and then have him log into his itunes account on my ipod so he can download apps under his name without charging my account?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
so i cannot give him my ipod as is with my apps on there and then have him log into his itunes account on my ipod so he can download apps under his name without charging my account?

applications are drm protected meaning that they belong to YOUR account once he syncs the ipod to his itunes account its just going to delete your applications and replace it with whatever is in his itunes account

and also giving him your applications is technically illegal anyway and thats why it cant be done..

if you delete the ipod and give it to him he can use it with his account just fine he just isnt going to be able to keep your applications.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ok so is their anyway to give him my applications and then have him log onto his apple ID name on the ipod and download more apps that way? ill just make sure he doesnt connect it to his comp so they wont delete. i also do not want my apple ID name on that ipod so he can't download apps under my name

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
so basically i just wanna give him my ipod completely wiped out and all that is on there is my apps. then i wanna make sure he can log onto his account name on my ipod and download more apps under his name if he likes. i just will tell him not to plug it ever into his computer. can that be done?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
ok so is their anyway to give him my applications and then have him log onto his apple ID name on the ipod and download more apps that way? ill just make sure he doesnt connect it to his comp so they wont delete. i also do not want my apple ID name on that ipod so he can't download apps under my name

without your user and id those applications will never be updated he will have trouble downloading new applications and keeping them all up to date without your user id and password. When he goes to open the app store it will show all the apps that need updating the ones you left will be in there also and he wont be able to update them..

I dont really think your getting it.. give him the ipod without your applications let him buy his own apps

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
without your user and id those applications will never be updated he will have trouble downloading new applications and keeping them all up to date without your user id and password. When he goes to open the app store it will show all the apps that need updating the ones you left will be in there also and he wont be able to update them..

I dont really think your getting it.. give him the ipod without your applications let him buy his own apps

I'll even add to say what's the issue of him just downloading the apps you had onto his own Apple account?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i understand what you are saying. so you can do that method i was talking about you just cannot update the app is what your saying right?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i understand what you are saying. so you can do that method i was talking about you just cannot update the app is what your saying right?

you can have more then one id on there I know of people who have done it but your apple account will still be on there if you dont delete those applications.. and its going to cause a huge headache.. trust me its easier just to give him a blank ipod in the long run.. apple designed it this way for a reason so you couldnt rip them off and thats why it works this way....

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
you can have more then one id on there I know of people who have done it but your apple account will still be on there if you dont delete those applications.. and its going to cause a huge headache.. trust me its easier just to give him a blank ipod in the long run.. apple designed it this way for a reason so you couldnt rip them off and thats why it works this way....

It just works. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2