Plug icon vs. lightning bolt while charging?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've seen a couple of threads talking about "charging while the plug icon is displayed".

I've noticed that the same charger will sometimes show the lightning bolt and sometimes show the plug icon. Just curious what the difference is between the two and can you control which icon (or type of charge) is used?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a bug if you're seeing the plug before the phone is fully charged--my understanding has always been that the bolt will show while charging, then the icon will switch to the plug when the battery is fully charged.

Reactions: LVMHgirl

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bug if you're seeing the plug before the phone is fully charged--my understanding has always been that the bolt will show while charging, then the icon will switch to the plug when the battery is fully charged.

Uh-oh. That can't be good, right? :eek:

But I did see a post about extending your battery charge somewhere on here where someone suggested letting the battery go from 100% to 95% and then charge it using the "plug icon". (And then there was some debate about it decreasing the life of your battery overall.) I never noticed the icons before then and now I am wondering why one shows up or the other. :)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Uh-oh. That can't be good, right? :eek:

But I did see a post about extending your battery charge somewhere on here where someone suggested letting the battery go from 100% to 95% and then charge it using the "plug icon". (And then there was some debate about it decreasing the life of your battery overall.) I never noticed the icons before then and now I am wondering why one shows up or the other. :)

massie is correct you cant charge with a plug icon.. the plug indicates that the battery is fully charged..

Reactions: LVMHgirl

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Give it time...usually it can read 100% without being TOTALLY charged...if you leave it plugged in it should eventually switch to the plug.

Duane Eddy

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I DON'T think so. When charged it shows a green battery. The plug means it needs to be plugged in. The lightning bolt means it's charging. Unless I'm an ***** that's the way my phone works

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2