Battery? What about the POOR Reception with 4S

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Of coarse as it always goes you notice after it's to late. Well as of this last week I have been having "No Service" issues in all the places where I know the signal was low. But my 3GS & 4 never lost service. I sat at lunch to day and the bar Friday with no service whole time I was there.

And since I know people will ask my carrier is AT&T though that's a moot point as all my previous phones didn't have these issues.

Just wondering if others are experiencing lower signals also?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope. You are in the minority. The vast majority have shown improvement. However there is a known issue where some phones just randomly drop signal.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
My signal has increased somewhat. For some reason i get good reception all around my city, but always had horrible signal at work (in the middle of the citty pretty much).
Now with my 4S im usually one or two bars above what i usually was at with my 4.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Well Apple replaced my unit with another one. Also said my device had an abnormal amount of crashes? Don't know if that has anything to do with my poor reception issues or not but he stated that made him think there was possibly some hardware issues.

We'll see if he was right...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I get fairly good service on at&t with my 4s I dont always have full bars but its usually 3 or more and I never have trouble with no service

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the reception but did have some problems last week while at work. Hope it's not a persistent issue, as I just passed the 30 day mark.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Garz and comments like yours made me go to Apple. I was seeing worse reception then my last 2 so crossing my fingers it was a phone issue.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Will do. Only thing I can comment on so far is upon booting up it seems to find the network much faster then before. But will know by weekend as I will revisit the 2 locations that lead me to notice the problem

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with my reception, in fact its better than my iP4. I have also found the speech quality to be better too.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Well first outing with the replacement. Went to dinner with my sister who has an iphone 4. She generally had 3 bars as I had 1. though hers did fluctuate down to 1 mostly hovered around 3. Most I saw mine was 2.

Now not that that's the most scientific. What I can say and i think that maters is performance. Her 4 time and time again loaded facebook, safari etc.much faster then my 4S could. and then my 4S went down to Edge till we left. So based on this outing "For me" I will have to say the 4S sucks compared to the 4.

Also I AT&T's network is starting to wear on me. Now that I can go anywhere and also the fact I already have a Sprint account with a 25% discount I'm honestly looking at selling my phone which should be close to covering the ETF and the cost of another Iphone. And I say this because I'm not sure at&t will go for returning the 4S for a 4?

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Also I am wondering. Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer this. My sisters phone is still on 4.2.1 is it feasible that the 5.0 software could cause different reception results?

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Well haven't been to the problem areas yet. This weekend. But I have to admit I went and saw Guns N' Roses tonight and the camera on the 4S compared to my brothers 4 is undeniably better.

Did field test mode on both out phones side by side. Once again his is running 4.3.3 so can't say it's apples to apples. But in FT I showed -96 up to -106 while his pretty much stayed at -89 to -93.

I will report my findings as I can for any who are interested.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well first outing with the replacement. Went to dinner with my sister who has an iphone 4. She generally had 3 bars as I had 1. though hers did fluctuate down to 1 mostly hovered around 3. Most I saw mine was 2.

Now not that that's the most scientific. What I can say and i think that maters is performance. Her 4 time and time again loaded facebook, safari etc.much faster then my 4S could. and then my 4S went down to Edge till we left. So based on this outing "For me" I will have to say the 4S sucks compared to the 4.

Also I AT&T's network is starting to wear on me. Now that I can go anywhere and also the fact I already have a Sprint account with a 25% discount I'm honestly looking at selling my phone which should be close to covering the ETF and the cost of another Iphone. And I say this because I'm not sure at&t will go for returning the 4S for a 4?

Not bashing on Sprint but do you realize how slow Sprints 3G speeds are on the iPhone ? .3 - .6 Mbps down - there is no way I could live with those slow data speeds

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox