Pimping out the 4s

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have owned a LOT of phones during my time, and I have never left one stock. Stock is........boring...lol.

I just swapped the back cover to a clear glass one on my 4s and it looks awesome.
The only thing I noticed is that their is a small contact that touches what is either an antenna or EMI shield on the inside of the rear cover (OEM, not the one I put on). You can see the small gold contact just below the "i" in iPhone. It is screwed down to the battery connector.
I will have to do some testing to see what that affects now that it's not doing anything.

attachment.php

Reactions: ajm91484 and sagon

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Dude, that looks perfect!! Absolutely flawless!! I love the clear glass back. It's times like these that I wish I could ditch my OtterBox Defender for a mod like that!! Great job!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: sagon

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Dude, that looks perfect!! Absolutely flawless!! I love the clear glass back. It's times like these that I wish I could ditch my OtterBox Defender for a mod like that!! Great job!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Thanks! I am soo afraid I am going to drop it. It feels so thin with no case and the clear back is slick when it gets some fingerprints on it. Lol

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
That looks NICE!

Ever since owning the iPhone 4 and haaaving to have a case on it because of the antenna issue. I decided to go caseless with my 4S. I'm not going to drop it, but if I do, I have Applecare+.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
That is beautiful. What tools did you use to do that? Is there like a specific kit?

It's easy. I bought the clear back cover from CNN.CN along with the Pentalobe screwdriver to remove the screws. It's cheap and takes about 2 mins to install.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:eek: omg !! MoP, that looks INSANELY SICK !! WooooW !! :D

I would LOVE to do something like that with my 4S except in a baby pink color frosted glass;) but I'm not very delicate and be afraid I'd eff something up lol. So I just admire other peoples pimped out iPhones:D

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
:eek: omg !! MoP, that looks INSANELY SICK !! WooooW !! :D

I would LOVE to do something like that with my 4S except in a baby pink color frosted glass;) but I'm not very delicate and be afraid I'd eff something up lol. So I just admire other peoples pimped out iPhones:D

Check out CNN.CN
I think they have pink (they have TONS of back covers).

It's painless to do. You just remove the two tiny screws beside the dock connector on the bottom cover, then slide the cover up and off. 5 mins tops. The best part is that it doesn't affect warranty. If you need to warranty your phone just put the original back on.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Check out CNN.CN
I think they have pink (they have TONS of back covers).

It's painless to do. You just remove the two tiny screws beside the dock connector on the bottom cover, then slide the cover up and off. 5 mins tops. The best part is that it doesn't affect warranty. If you need to warranty your phone just put the original back on.

Thx, I did go on and check'em out and they do have 2 pink back covers I'd be interested in, but I *really* don't trust myself that much just yet lol. I do see which screws your talking about though and it does seem simple:)

I'm just gonna wait it out though till I think I might feel more comfortable to maybe attempt it:)

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Thx, I did go on and check'em out and they do have 2 pink back covers I'd be interested in, but I *really* don't trust myself that much just yet lol. I do see which screws your talking about though and it does seem simple:)

I'm just gonna wait it out though till I think I might feel more comfortable to maybe attempt it:)

Seriously, lol. It's easy. It's so easy even a BB user can handle it....

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
the most I've ever taken apart and replaced on any of my bb's (8330) was the trackball to change the colors of it !! LOL

Ok then. This is far easier than that. I have done tons of track ball swaps back in my BB days too. This is literally two screws, slide up 1/2", take off, put on, slide down, screws in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods