- 11-25-2011, 11:56 AM #2
However, the iPad 2 came out in March earlier this year. iPad 3 rumors are surfacing every couple days now. I would advise you NOT to buy an iPad 2 and wait a few more months so you can ge the iPad 3. Apple released both the iPad and iPad 2 in March. Their update time frame for the iPad kinda sucks for the holidays but if you absolutely need one, go ahead and buy it. You'll get most of your money back if you should decide to sell.
My advice: wait if you can.
- 11-25-2011, 01:12 PM #3
I purchased two iPad 2's back in June. Then, I got my iPhone 4S and sold my iPad 2. I couldn't see keeping it since my iPhone does everything I want now (to include AirPlay to my Apple TV 2). Sometimes I'll use my wife's iPad 2 to play certain games.
- 11-25-2011, 01:38 PM #4
- 11-25-2011, 01:56 PM #5
When I bought mine back in July, it still made sense. However, buying so close to a time when there's great likelihood of a new one makes no sense.
Trying to decide between shipping this one to my son, or selling it, when the next one comes out.
Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
- 11-25-2011, 02:07 PM #6
- 11-25-2011, 02:23 PM #7
At this moment, I would not buy an iPad2. I have a new laptop I got in February and my iPhone4S.
Now, my husband's company is having a big Christmas party next weekend and they are giving away an iPad2 and a Kindle Fire. I'd prefer the iPad2, but heck, I'd take a Kinda Fire too! Lol.
- 11-25-2011, 03:32 PM #8
- 11-25-2011, 05:10 PM #9
- 11-25-2011, 06:35 PM #10
- 11-25-2011, 10:57 PM #11
I have an iPad 1--had it since day 1 it was released. My husband bought the iPad 2 the day it was released in March. You have no idea how bad I want to upgrade my iPad now but the 3 is so close that I'm forcing myself to wait. I promise I will be getting iPad 3 the very day it comes out at the apple store. Originally I was planning on sticking with the iPhone 4 until the 5 came out. All it took was one experience with siri at the store and I gave in and bought the 4s. Problem now is will they let me get the 5 as well? My contract will be too new. I might have to upgrade using my husband's phone line. He's out of contract. He's so lucky. He got the 4s as an insurance replacement when his crappy 3gs was stolen.
- 11-29-2011, 01:20 PM #12