Is your Sprint 4S Unlocked?

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have searched all over this forum and still can't get a clear answer.

Do any of you have a Sprint 4S that is Unlocked? (ie: put in a T-Mo/AT&T Sim card and it works on GSM network)

I have tried calling sprint and all I get is them trying to sell me their international plan when I try and get the unlock instructions.

Any solid info on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
if you get it unlocked you will only be able to use it internationally because once a carrier is picked it is locked to that carrier it is even on Apple's site somewhere

chiratsu

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
if you get it unlocked you will only be able to use it internationally because once a carrier is picked it is locked to that carrier it is even on Apple's site somewhere

that is not accurate at all, if you get it unlocked you can use it on any GSM carrier you like. You may not get 3G (T-Mo for example) on some but it will definitely work.

My question is about sprint iPhone 4S's

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
that is not accurate at all, if you get it unlocked you can use it on any GSM carrier you like. You may not get 3G (T-Mo for example) on some but it will definitely work.

My question is about sprint iPhone 4S's

I believe the answer to your question is no, there was a report (and I'll find a link here in a few mins) that sprint started locking the phones for use on GSM networks

Here:

Sprint to Lock iPhone 4S SIMs Starting November 11th - Mac Rumors

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
First of all an UNLOCKED GSM ordered iPhone (AT&T) will come unlocked for all SIM cards whether international or in the US

Secondly if you order an unlocked iPhone ... You pick no carrier, the GSM part of the phone is unlocked and the CDMA part here in the US will not work

Third, Apple shipped any ordered full retail out of contract sold phones on any carrier with an unlocked SIM slot, thus isn't the case AFTER 11/11 - it's still a world phone just not unlocked ..

If I'm wrong - someone with forum expertise correct me please

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint 4S can be unlocked for customers in good standing for the past 90 days, but only for international use.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint 4S can be unlocked for customers in good standing for the past 90 days, but only for international use.

I believe, once a phone is unlocked, it's unlocked. It can't just be unlocked for international use. Verizon used to say the samething when they unlocked my BB Bold, but i was ableto put an att sim in it, and it worked right away.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe, once a phone is unlocked, it's unlocked. It can't just be unlocked for international use. Verizon used to say the samething when they unlocked my BB Bold, but i was ableto put an att sim in it, and it worked right away.

Yeah, I haven't tried it, so what they claim and what really is fact may be 2 different things, after all this is Sprint!

I may get them to unlock mine, just so I can find out. LOL

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't tried it, so what they claim and what really is fact may be 2 different things, after all this is Sprint!

I may get them to unlock mine, just so I can find out. LOL

Yeah I was going to call Verizon, and see if they will unlock mine, but i just haven't gotten around to it. I haven't even taken the sim trey out of my phone yet. Because in all seriousness, I don't need it unlocked.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably be going to Canada sometime next year, so I'll need it unlocked, anyway.

risingofthephoenix

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably be going to Canada sometime next year, so I'll need it unlocked, anyway.

well you know Telus Mobility is the only CDMA Provider in Canada so you can roam on them their speeds for iPhone 4S users on Rev. A or whatever CDMA they use is 9 mbps down 5 mbps up

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
well you know Telus Mobility is the only CDMA Provider in Canada so you can roam on them their speeds for iPhone 4S users on Rev. A or whatever CDMA they use is 9 mbps down 5 mbps up

First of all they get those speed forms their GSM network that was built by Telus and Bell both AND second there is no way CDMA EVDO Rev A networks are capable of those speeds

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
all I know is Telus is primarily CDMA

You know you're starting to sound like a recently banned forum member ... Saying stuff without any knowledge of the facts, and it seems awfully strange you both are from the same general area, both are on Sprint and both act the same.... IF this is true, it's getting old QUICK !

Reactions: verwon