Email confusion, pls help!

Ravi

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I set up my 4s with my gmail account using exchange like everyone says and everything's working just fine - emails are pushing through and contacts are in sync.
Problem is that I now need to be able to send group emails and as iOS5 doesn't nativly do this, I have to use a 3rd party app. Just about all the apps that do this are not compatible when contacts are being sync'd using exchange though,
Is there some way to transfer / copy all contacts from exchange and keep them as internal contacts and only sync mail?

I hope this makes sense - my knowledge of setting up email is pretty basic!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I set up my 4s with my gmail account using exchange like everyone says and everything's working just fine - emails are pushing through and contacts are in sync.
Problem is that I now need to be able to send group emails and as iOS5 doesn't nativly do this, I have to use a 3rd party app. Just about all the apps that do this are not compatible when contacts are being sync'd using exchange though,
Is there some way to transfer / copy all contacts from exchange and keep them as internal contacts and only sync mail?

I hope this makes sense - my knowledge of setting up email is pretty basic!

Not sure If you have windows or not, or if you have a mac, how it works on mac. You could export you contacts to windows, and then in itunes, sync your contacts that way. then in your email settings, turn off the contact sync. that's how I would do it if I were you. Then at that point, you have a copy of your contacts on your computer. If you google how to export gmail contacts to windows, there is a link on exactly how to do it. Should be a pretty straight forward thing.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
turn off contact sync with gmail and they will stay on your phone... also I use the application groups to send group emails and texts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR