Music player question

Simers

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine has different home screen on her music player. It includes a Genius icon on the icon row and multiple built-in playlists including Top Rated, Top 25 Played, etc. Anyone know why the differences and of any way to change mine like her's? Any help is appreciated.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has different home screen on her music player. It includes a Genius icon on the icon row and multiple built-in playlists including Top Rated, Top 25 Played, etc. Anyone know why the differences and of any way to change mine like her's? Any help is appreciated.

do you have genius turned on in your itunes? im not sure why your missing that... another few questions.. what phones do you both have and what version of the os are you both running? This is a apple maintained app and could have been only updated with a os update..

Last edited:

Simers

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
noaim -
I have genius turned on, yes. I have a 4S and she has a 4, and we both have 5.0.1. This is why I was getting confused.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
noaim -
I have genius turned on, yes. I have a 4S and she has a 4, and we both have 5.0.1. This is why I was getting confused.

on your phone whats listed under more? post a screenshot if you can.. one thing I noticed is it doesn't seem like your syncing any extra playlists do you have playlists set to sync?

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's my "more" tab

its definitely the missing GENIUS button. on my phone everything is pushed down one so the "albums" is under the more tab and genius is in front

and I think I figured it out. on the more tab there is a edit button if you click that edit button options of things you can add come up you can drag genius down to the bottom bar and put whatever order of things you want

if you dont have genius in there I would try turning genius in itunes off syncing then turning it back on and syncing..

Last edited:

Simers

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
its definitely the missing GENIUS button. on my phone everything is pushed down one so the "albums" is under the more tab and genius is in front

and I think I figured it out. on the more tab there is a edit button if you click that edit button options of things you can add come up you can drag genius down to the bottom bar and put whatever order of things you want

if you dont have genius in there I would try turning genius in itunes off syncing then turning it back on and syncing..

My edit button dosen't even have the genius tab on it. I tried the off/sync on/sync option and that didn't work either. I don't have iTunes match turned on on my iPhone or computer.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My edit button dosen't even have the genius tab on it. I tried the off/sync on/sync option and that didn't work either. I don't have iTunes match turned on on my iPhone or computer.

well I hope maybe someone else has an idea because after that I have no clue! I have been on support forums for a long time for iPhone and have never seen this issue..

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2