Left for the Razr, came back 3 hours later...

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was an avid BlackBerry user for years!! I tried the original Droid and returned it. The battery life was terrible (compared to BB), I hated the keyboard and the OS was so glitchy.

The iPhone has been a dream come true. I still love BlackBerry, don't get me wrong, but I was really limited as to what I could do. Now I can set my Xfinity DVR, check my bank account, get score updates from my favorite sports teams and even pay for my coffee with the Starbucks app. I'm just happy I found something that finally works well for me!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

you couldnt have said it better. thanks. ditched blackberry after 6 years for the iphone4s. havent looked back nor missed anything...:D

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I read reviews on Android Central that say that the battery life is reall good on the RAZR, but a lot of the reviwers turn off 4g LTE when they do not use it. I thought that music transfer was drag and drop with the Android phones? Wouldn't that make it easier than itunes? BTW, i have never owned a droid phone. I came straight from Samsung Rogue feature phone to the iphone 4. Loving it so far :)

Yeh I haven't had 4G on much and the battery isn't near as good as my i4 was with 3G. They probably say it's good because they're used to the other terrible battery life on other android phones, but coming from an iphone it doesn't really compare. Concerning the music, I've always used iTunes since the black and white ipods, whenever that was, so I guess I'm just used to the itunes method so it makes it much easier and it's drag and drop too basically, just through a program

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was an avid BlackBerry user for years!! I tried the original Droid and returned it. The battery life was terrible (compared to BB), I hated the keyboard and the OS was so glitchy.

The iPhone has been a dream come true. I still love BlackBerry, don't get me wrong, but I was really limited as to what I could do. Now I can set my Xfinity DVR, check my bank account, get score updates from my favorite sports teams and even pay for my coffee with the Starbucks app. I'm just happy I found something that finally works well for me!!

you couldnt have said it better. thanks. ditched blackberry after 6 years for the iphone4s. havent looked back nor missed anything...:D
+1, agreed. Although I never tried android platform I have checked them out but it just didn't seem like it was for me. After all the 4+yrs I've used blackberry and I *thought* the platform fit me, I'm finding now after having my iPhone4S, this Friday will be 3 wks, that NOW I feel I'm where I should be as far as a platform that fits me well:) I'm extremely happy with my choice to switch, and I have no "withdrawals" and haven't looked back either. In fact, I'm looking forward to what Apple and the iPhone will bring in the future. :);)

And to the OP, glad to hear that your happy with using the iOS platform and that it works for you. :)

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
To be fair his challenge was regarding USAGE and your post is for Stand By, ie, since the phone has been unplugged. I might add that this is on 3g and the Razr is a 4g phone.

Yes.. Since the phone has been unplugged would show you how long one battery charge lasts. 3g was on the entire time and the screen on quite a bit as you can see. I think everyone would consider that usage. Did you think I meant 40 hours without taking my eyes off the screen? lol

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
+1, agreed. Although I never tried android platform I have checked them out but it just didn't seem like it was for me. After all the 4+yrs I've used blackberry and I *thought* the platform fit me, I'm finding now after having my iPhone4S, this Friday will be 3 wks, that NOW I feel I'm where I should be as far as a platform that fits me well:) I'm extremely happy with my choice to switch, and I have no "withdrawals" and haven't looked back either. In fact, I'm looking forward to what Apple and the iPhone will bring in the future. :);)

And to the OP, glad to hear that your happy with using the iOS platform and that it works for you. :)

My order was "iphone 2g, blackberry storm, blackberry tour, blackberry bold 9700, nexus one, iPhone 4, and now the iPhone 4s"

the reason i originally left iPhone was because it wasn't a 3g phone so data was so slow at loading webpages etc.. but after owning those blackberrys I dont think I will ever buy another blackeberry it felt like I was fixing my phone more then using it.. now im just happy with the iPhone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My order was "iphone 2g, blackberry storm, blackberry tour, blackberry bold 9700, nexus one, iPhone 4, and now the iPhone 4s"

the reason i originally left iPhone was because it wasn't a 3g phone so data was so slow at loading webpages etc.. but after owning those blackberrys I dont think I will ever buy another blackeberry it felt like I was fixing my phone more then using it.. now im just happy with the iPhone.

I went right from your basic cell ph to a bb back in mid 2008 and just moved up from one bb to another from there. My last bb, the 9650, I was "ok" with. OS5 was nice, but then I upgraded to OS6(in feb2011) and then came the mem leaks. So then of course I had to use Boss to shrink extra crap out of the OS cuz I would leak anywhere from 20-45ish mbs daily, battery pulls every other day or sometimes every day. I really was tired of that, constantly worrying about checking my memory daily so I knew where I was at.....

I doubt I will ever go back to a bb myself, iOS just works and it's a really nice platform. Stress free:) I'm totally loving my iPhone :D and every day I learn a little more here and there about it as well:)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I went right from your basic cell ph to a bb back in mid 2008 and just moved up from one bb to another from there. My last bb, the 9650, I was "ok" with. OS5 was nice, but then I upgraded to OS6(in feb2011) and then came the mem leaks. So then of course I had to use Boss to shrink extra crap out of the OS cuz I would leak anywhere from 20-45ish mbs daily, battery pulls every other day or sometimes every day. I really was tired of that, constantly worrying about checking my memory daily so I knew where I was at.....

I doubt I will ever go back to a bb myself, iOS just works and it's a really nice platform. Stress free:) I'm totally loving my iPhone :D

My order was iPhone 2G, BB 8130, 8330, 9500, 9550, 9630, 3GS, i4 and finally i4S

Anyone who had a 2G remembers that update 1.2 wouldn't allow it to Bluetooth to anything but a headset and it wouldn't bluetooth to my brand new ford with the sync system so I said enough was enough and went back in technology until big red tried to screw me and I said asta la vista lol

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I still love BlackBerry and RIM, but it will take A LOT me to get something other than an iPhone (unless Android, BB or Windows do something crazy). I think I love BB so much because the Curve on Verizon was my first smartphone ever. I loved that thing like you wouldn't believe (I still say, to this day, that was my favorite phone ever). I also had just graduated from college when I bought it and my needs were different then than they are now.

Pink: Our phone usage sounds very similar! You aren't really missing much with Android (IMHO). It has some pretty neat features - widgets, plus each company adds its own overlay - but battery life is important to me and, in my experiences, it wasn't that great. A buddy of mine had the Original Droid and loved it! It just wasn't for me. The same buddy just picked up the Razr. Unfortunately, his city doesn't have LTE coverage but he has been raving about how great it is! To each their own!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I doubt I will ever go back to a bb myself, iOS just works and it's a really nice platform. Stress free:) I'm totally loving my iPhone :D and every day I learn a little more here and there about it as well:)

yes I can understand that! thats pretty much how I feel.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I still love BlackBerry and RIM, but it will take A LOT me to get something other than an iPhone (unless Android, BB or Windows do something crazy). I think I love BB so much because the Curve on Verizon was my first smartphone ever. I loved that thing like you wouldn't believe (I still say, to this day, that was my favorite phone ever). I also had just graduated from college when I bought it and my needs were different then than they are now.

Pink: Our phone usage sounds very similar! You aren't really missing much with Android (IMHO). It has some pretty neat features - widgets, plus each company adds its own overlay - but battery life is important to me and, in my experiences, it wasn't that great. A buddy of mine had the Original Droid and loved it! It just wasn't for me. The same buddy just picked up the Razr. Unfortunately, his city doesn't have LTE coverage but he has been raving about how great it is! To each their own!

My first bb was a (pink) 8330 with VzW also and man that little thing was a tank indeed. That's what made me love bb also;) even still as I moved up in model types of bb, there were many things that just fell behind, the browser for one. I also do still like Rim, but like you said, it will take ALOT on their behalf to improve the OS before I even just considered changing back, if I ever did. I'm just all about my 4S right now:)

As for your buddy with the Razr, I wish your buddy good luck with it and hope he enjoys it:) it's a device that fits his needs for now;):)

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My first bb was a (pink) 8330 with VzW also and man that little thing was a tank indeed. That's what made me love bb also;) even still as I moved up in model types of bb, there were many things that just fell behind, the browser for one. I also do still like Rim, but like you said, it will take ALOT on their behalf to improve the OS before I even just considered changing back, if I ever did. I'm just all about my 4S right now:)

As for your buddy with the Razr, I wish your buddy good luck with it and hope he enjoys it:) it's a device that fits his needs for now;):)

I completely agree with you! I had a "Body Glove" case for mine. It added just enough thickness which made it A LOT easier for me to hold/type on (I have big hands). That thing did everything I needed - Facebook, mobile web, email, BBM (at the time, a TON of my friends picked up BBs after me) and a few other great apps. That phone took good care of me haha.

What shocked me was how much of an Apple fan my buddy is. I definitely thought he was jumping onto the iPhone. He shocked me a bit when he text me saying he got the Razr.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73